Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Students & Teens (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   "Old" people of this forum (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=450775)

s-piper Thu, Feb-28-13 12:11

"Old" people of this forum

Hello, I'm Piper. I'm 26, but I am a student. :wave:
I'm working on my doctorate.
I spend most of my time on campus so I have a lot of them same problems with LC and weight management that I did as an undergrad.

Any other grad or professional students (or back to college-ers)?

Katfishy Mon, Mar-25-13 11:57

Hi, Piper! I plan to go back to school in the fall for my masters so I guess I fall into the "old" category too, heh. Luckily right now I have enough time to do all of my own cooking, but I'm worried I'll lapse back when I don't have enough free time to pay as much attention to my LC meal plan.

s-piper Thu, Jun-13-13 11:47

~Katfishy,

Yeah you're describing my life!

Some things I've found that help...
- Cook ahead so that the food is there and ready when you get home. You won't want to cook after a long day.
- If you don't have a crockpot, get one.
- Same for a lunch box.

Me and preparing healthy foods instead of eating bad foods out is a work in progress but those are the tricks I've found.

Nancy LC Thu, Jun-13-13 12:04

Old people? What're you insinuating, whippersnapper? :lol:

s-piper Sun, Jun-16-13 21:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Old people? What're you insinuating, whippersnapper? :lol:

Well I felt relatively old considering it says teens in the title and most of older posts I was seeing here were from people in high school. ;)

Nancy LC Mon, Jun-17-13 08:36

Oops! Didn't see where this was posted. Never mind! ;)

Katfishy Mon, Jun-17-13 22:01

Ooooh, a crockpot! I've been thinking about getting one, especially after my friend made some amazing chicken fajitas in one.

You're absolutely right about not wanting to cook after a long day. x_x But not eating processed food has been such a large part of my LC journey. (It's silly, but I didn't even realize I'd stopped eating processed food until a few months ago after I'd already given it up.) I think I need to start cooking a big batch of food on the weekend to eat during the rest of the week.

nikkichita Fri, Sep-06-13 17:33

Hi there, anyone still following this thread? My name is Nikki, I'm 26, and back to college after leaving in 2010. I was a member here back then too, but its been awhile. My weight has fluctuated by about 20 or 30 pounds several times in the last 3 years. The only time I had any steady weight loss was the last time I was on low carb. Anyway, ive been back on atkins for a week and now that the semester had started, I have been having trouble finding foods on my campus, and find myself relying on atkins bars or shakes, which are good, but the flavor makes me miss sweets a bit. I leave my house early in the morning and dont return until 11pm, so its also been a struggle to find food I don't mind eating after carrying it around all day.

Anyway, just thought I would say hello!

Nikki