Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Breakfast Ideas (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Carbquik Sausage/Cheese Balls (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=240343)

Tess M Wed, Mar-23-05 04:34

Carbquik Sausage/Cheese Balls

This is just a conversion of the old standard sausage/cheese ball recipe (which you can find in just about any recipe book) done with Carbquik instead of Bisquick. So good, and they can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge--then nuked for an easy and portable breakfast. I've been making a batch a week, so that I will have them on hand for breakfasts and snacks, but they never last more than a day or two around here. The non-lc people just won't leave them alone. :yum:

Carbquik Sausage/Cheese Balls

3 cups Carbquik
1 pound bulk sausage of your choice
8 oz. grated cheddar cheese
a few drops of water, if needed

Just mix all ingredients together (as you would a meatloaf)--and add a few drops of water if necessary to get everything worked together. I really like to use the heavy duty stand mixer with dough hook to do the mixing. Form into small "meatballs", and place on a large baker's sheet. Bake at 350 degrees about 15 minutes, or until nice and crispy brown (but not hard)... Very good dipped in mustard!

GinaLeanne Wed, Mar-23-05 04:52

Thanks!!! I just got my carb quick in the mail today, I made the cheese biscuits, and they were pretty good. Now the sausage and cheese sound even better!!! thanks again, Gina :)

nimrod100 Thu, Mar-31-05 13:35

I've been making differenting variations of this recipe for years. Now I make it with Carbquick. The only variation I would add is red pepper flakes to add HEAT! If you put them on the buffett for a party, try a LC Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing.

atmasters Sun, Apr-03-05 19:29

Here is a question what is Carbquick ?

steph z Sun, Apr-03-05 20:53

Hi Atmasters. Carbquik is a bisquick-like bake mix, made with wheat (LC, high fibre and NO soy). Check it out at www.carbalose.com. Very hard to find in Canada, but I have been using it since August and it is truly revolutionary - truly LC and tastes pretty good. And I have tried Atkins and Carbsense Bake mixes, blah! ;)

mdwilson43 Wed, Apr-27-05 11:17

Question Do you cook the sausage first ? I'm assuming we're talking about pork sausage like Jimmy Deans. But you could probably use Bulk Italian?

Okay, I'm getting hungry

tigerstar Wed, Apr-27-05 12:40

Ooh, these look good... I've added them to my list of recipes to try!

So many recipes, so little time...
:lol:

mdwilson43 Mon, May-02-05 10:49

I made these over the weekend and they are delicious. My DH loved them and they fill you up. I ate three for lunch and was very happy. I got 36 meatballs out of the recipe. They keep well in the fridge too. (I had to hide the leftovers as they would have been gone by now)

Great recipe

drdemars Tue, May-10-05 12:58

where do you buy carbquik?

Brenjmull Tue, May-10-05 18:48

do y ou cook the sausage first???

mdwilson43 Wed, May-11-05 13:15

CarbQuick is available on line at Netrition.com

The sausage is not cooked first. I use Bob Evans. It works well.

catcookie Wed, Apr-01-15 07:54

I've made this before but with soy flour.