Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Post/report bugs here (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=232506)

tamarian Sat, Feb-05-05 07:44

Post/report bugs here

Please use this thread to report any problems/bugs.

Please provide as much information as possible. It should be detailed enough to allow us to replicate the error, so it can be better understood.

For example "I went to the search page, and entered chicken in the search box, then click on page 2, followed by selecting the last entry on the page, clicked "Add to favourites", and clicked on the "go" button. That's when I got an error message that said "Selected date is not valid, please make sure you have entered the correct date".

The more details, the better :)

Wa'il

Rosebud Sat, Feb-05-05 22:01

Hi Wa'il,

I'm not sure what you can do about this, but I think there may be a problem for Mac users.

Oyvey had the problem here, and I've just been exchanging PMs with another Mac user who has found that even though she clicked "add to favourites" for several items, when she goes to "Daily Entry" her Favourites box is empty.

Roz

tamarian Sun, Feb-06-05 06:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud
Hi Wa'il,

I'm not sure what you can do about this, but I think there may be a problem for Mac users.

Oyvey had the problem here, and I've just been exchanging PMs with another Mac user who has found that even though she clicked "add to favourites" for several items, when she goes to "Daily Entry" her

Without detailed steps to reproduce the errors, I have no idea what the problem is, or how it fix it if it exists.

Wa'il

~Dawn~ Sun, Feb-06-05 19:28

Why does the graph only show today's entry and not all the entries I have posted?

~Dawn~ Sun, Feb-06-05 19:30

Never mind. I just went back into it and the graph is now updated. Sorry.

tamarian Sun, Feb-06-05 19:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dawn~
Never mind. I just went back into it and the graph is now updated. Sorry.

That's alright. This happens when browsers cache images. If you don't see a change in a graph, just hit the browser's refresh/reload key.

Wa'il

~Dawn~ Sun, Feb-06-05 20:18

Thank you.

LC-Laur Mon, Feb-07-05 09:24

Whenever I try and add Post CarbWell cereal I get this error, "Please enter the amount in numbers without additional characters." I know it's because the serving size is 3/4 cup and I've tried entering in both 3/4 and .75 as the amount, but because of the "/" and "." it won't allow me to enter it - is there any way we can enter foods like this or can we only enter food in increments of 1? Thanks. :)

tamarian Mon, Feb-07-05 09:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC-Laur
Whenever I try and add Post CarbWell cereal I get this error, "Please enter the amount in numbers without additional characters." I know it's because the serving size is 3/4 cup and I've tried entering in both 3/4 and .75 as the amount, but because of the "/" and "." it won't allow me to enter it - is there any way we can enter foods like this or can we only enter food in increments of 1? Thanks. :)

Give it another try, you now can enter fractions, as 0.25, 0.5, 1.5 etc. :)

Wa'il

LC-Laur Mon, Feb-07-05 10:26

Thanks.

Got another one though, how about if you DO get an error there's a "back" button to go back to the work you've been doing. I keep getting different errors for whatever reasons and when I need to go back (by hitting the back button on the browser) all the information I've entered is gone - it's very frustrating to have to re-enter it.

Rune1990 Mon, Feb-07-05 10:26

Hi Wa'il! Love the new feature ;)

But, i was trying to fill in my stats and it just wont take my height! I tried everything except centimetres for a mesurement, but for each it said 'invalid height'.

Rachel

LC-Laur Mon, Feb-07-05 10:35

I've decided I'm never going to get this cereal entered in - 30 minutes later and my next error is:

"The nutritional date you have entered are incorrect. Please make sure to enter valid data.

You have entered 110 calories, but the data entered totals to 118 calories. The formula to calculate calories is as follows:

Calories = Carbs x 4 + Proteon x 4 + Fat x 9 + Alcohol x 6.93

The data you entered comes to:

Calories = 118 = 14 * 4 + 11 * 4 + 2 * 9 + 0 * 6.93 = 118

Possible reasons are:

1. You did not enter the label data accurately, re-check to ensure accuracy

2. The label may have listed carbs by weight (including fiber) and not by difference. In this case, subtract the fiber from the carb count

3. The label is incorrect, or contains hidden carbs."

I know the label is correct, I thought carbs I only entered in carbs-fiber, so I initially wrote 9 carbs, but I got the same error. So I figured that it must mean all carbs, so I put 14... Neither worked. I think there should be some wiggle room like fitday has, if you're off by a few calories it'll still let you enter it in, it's only when you're off my a large % of calories that it won't let you enter it in... Being off my 6 or 7 calories doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

tamarian Mon, Feb-07-05 10:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune1990
Hi Wa'il! Love the new feature ;)

But, i was trying to fill in my stats and it just wont take my height! I tried everything except centimetres for a mesurement, but for each it said 'invalid height'.

Rachel

Make sure you do not enter " or '', just plain numbers.

So for 5' 3", click on the "feet" button, and 5 in the first box, and 3 in the second box.

Wa'il

tamarian Mon, Feb-07-05 10:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC-Laur
Thanks.

Got another one though, how about if you DO get an error there's a "back" button to go back to the work you've been doing. I keep getting different errors for whatever reasons and when I need to go back (by hitting the back button on the browser) all the information I've entered is gone - it's very frustrating to have to re-enter it.

I think this depends on the bowser, and can't be helpwd. But I'll do some checks.

Wa'il

LC-Laur Mon, Feb-07-05 10:42

fyi, I'm using Internet Explorer