Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Hitting The Low Carb Trifecta (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=400886)

cnmLisa Mon, Aug-31-09 08:39

Hitting The Low Carb Trifecta

First! 100 days of being on plan.

Second! Jeans in the single digits.

Third! Goal minus 1.

PS--There are multiple parts/chapters to this thread as I navigate thru weight loss and maintenance. Each post listed below is a new milestone or accomplishment.

Post #1
Hitting the Low Carb Trifecta

Post #12
Hitting the Low Carb Trifecta-Part Deux

Post #15
Hitting the Low Carb Trifecta--Part Tre

Post #18
Hitting the Low Carb Trifecta--Part Quatre

Post #26
Hitting The Low Carb Trifecta--Part Cinq

NixCarbos Mon, Aug-31-09 11:27

Congratulations!!!!!

Goal setting is so important. What a beautiful example you have set :rheart:

Seejay Mon, Aug-31-09 11:34

WAhoo! stomp stomp stomp. Love the pics

cnmLisa Mon, Aug-31-09 11:55

Thanks you two! and everyone on the forum for 5 years of advice, support, laughs, and the kick in the a$$ when needed.

Skyliz Mon, Aug-31-09 15:04

Haha, what a brilliant way of letting us be totally happy for you! :)

kitasch Sun, Sep-06-09 05:27

wtg !!!!!!!!!!!! very happy for you

kjs130 Wed, Sep-23-09 10:12

congrats!!!!!!

cnmLisa Fri, Oct-16-09 10:17

Just an update

I've been hovering at 148-150 for the past week. An all time low. I swear, in a way it's kinda scary--last time I got this low it was a huge struggle keeping it--now it just seem like business as usual without any struggle--just staying the course.

If it stays to the 150, I'll be changing stats on Sunday.

Judynyc Fri, Oct-16-09 14:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnmLisa
I've been hovering at 148-150 for the past week. An all time low. I swear, in a way it's kinda scary--last time I got this low it was a huge struggle keeping it--now it just seem like business as usual without any struggle--just staying the course.

If it stays to the 150, I'll be changing stats on Sunday.

Thats just awesome Lisa!! :thup:
Maybe it was those bean flour cupcakes??? :lol: :p

jschwab Mon, Oct-19-09 15:23

Congratulations! I have been reading your posts for forever and you've always been inspiring. You've done good!

cnmLisa Fri, Nov-27-09 10:54

Hitting The Low Carb Trifecta-Part Deux

First! 200 days of being on plan.

Second. Hitting 150. 5 pounds below goal.

Third. Stayed on plan Thanksgiving. Sorry, no picture but imagine me smiling while eating my Thanksgiving gumbo.

Progress. Not perfection.

Lisa

bethers04 Fri, Jan-08-10 11:23

Awesome! JOB!
Size 8 levis are no easy feat! :D I think they run small :devil:

cnmLisa Fri, Jan-08-10 14:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethers04
Awesome! JOB!
Size 8 levis are no easy feat! :D I think they run small :devil:

...and imagine if you had a black girl booty too.:lol:

My junk in the trunk is 4 inches less than it was in August!

Progress not perfection.

Lisa

PS--I'm thinking I'll have a Low Carb Trifecta--Part Tre in the next few weeks.
I have 2 out of 3 so far.:thup:

Carne! Tue, Jan-26-10 19:24

lisa- thats amazing!!! 100 days!!! that is truly an inspiration.

cnmLisa Wed, Feb-17-10 10:13

Hitting The Low Carb Trifecta-Part Tre

First!

280 days of being on plan.
Look! It's Valentines day without worries of evil chocolate hearts stuffed with candy:devil:

Second!
A black girl booty can now fit in a size 6 Levi straight leg jean!

Third!
Cruising past goal to an all time low! Haven't seen a number like this for 20 years!

The next big part of this is when I hit 365 days! That will be in May.

Everyone keep fighting the good fight.

Progress not perfection.

Lisa

ajacks85 Wed, Feb-17-10 12:32

Awesome, you are inspiring me to get back on target, good luck with the rest of your goals! :)

cnmLisa Tue, May-18-10 08:37

HItting The Low Carb Trifecta-Part Quatre

365 Days on Plan

The Lowest number on the scale since 1990

Today is the big 5-0!!:cheer: :Party: :cheer: :clap: :Party: :cheer: :Party: :clap: :Party: :cheer: :clap: :Party: :sunny: :sunny: :wiggle: :yay: :hyper: :cheer: :hyper: :yay: :Party: :Party: :sunny:

Yeppers, I'm one lucky gal!

Although....others in my household seem un-impressed.

nutsnseeds Tue, May-18-10 08:51

Congratulations on all counts!!!! Awesome job and thanks for sharing on this site.

krystalr Tue, May-18-10 12:42

You rock! So happy for you!

Frankie says HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I got you cake in a cup, but I eated some...you can has, just ignore my droolz..

cnmLisa Wed, May-19-10 10:59

Just Gilding the Lily....

of my latest "Hitting the Low Carb Trifecta"

I had my lipid panel done & got my results today:

HDL=82
LDL=80
Tri=37
Total=169
Chol/HDL ratio 2.1

I printed off my average food intake log for the past year for my doc. He was speechless of course--particularly comparing my numbers with my 64% fat intake.

I absolutely floated out of the doctor's office this morning.

Take that the big 5-0.

Yeah, I'm rockn' it today. This is like a belated BD gift.

Yeah me!

Progress not perfection.

Lisa

Nelson Fri, May-21-10 09:20

Quote:
of my latest "Hitting the Low Carb Trifecta"

I had my lipid panel done & got my results today:

HDL=82
LDL=80
Tri=37
Total=169
Chol/HDL ratio 2.1

I printed off my average food intake log for the past year for my doc. He was speechless of course--particularly comparing my numbers with my 64% fat intake.

Lisa

Best part!!

Lisa, as an unqualified Atkins success story, what is your take (if any) on the new Atkins book? I have never followed Atkins, but am thinking of switching over, since what I am doing is not working anymore.

cnmLisa Fri, May-21-10 09:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson
Best part!!

Lisa, as an unqualified Atkins success story, what is your take (if any) on the new Atkins book? I have never followed Atkins, but am thinking of switching over, since what I am doing is not working anymore.

Nelson--
Actually, I like it a lot (just wish they wouldn't talk about "Atkins" products--but that would be asking for too much).

I think it's written very user friendly. I recommend it to my patients because it seems a "lighter" version of 1992 and 2002. Excellent place to start if you're new to Atkins.

You may want to check this thread out where we were/are discussing NANY--New Atkins for a New You.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=408916

Also, why I didn't glance at what plan you are following presently...why not to go over to the general forum and post a query regarding what's going on with you.

Progress not perfection.

Lisa

Nelson Fri, May-21-10 11:34

Thanks for the link, Lisa. I will check it out. As for posting queries about my own problems--I have done a lot of that over the past 8-10 months. Trying not to just give up on weight loss entirely (I am becoming quite thick around the middle since menopause hit), but I now find that paleo low carb, which used to work beautifully for me, is now no more effective or satisfying than the worst of the low fat/high carb diets I remember from the bad old days. I truly believe that I have tried everything (high carb/low carb; high fat/low fat; high protein/low protein) EXCEPT true, "by the book," Atkins.

cnmLisa Fri, May-21-10 11:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson
Thanks for the link, Lisa. I will check it out. As for posting queries about my own problems--I have done a lot of that over the past 8-10 months. Trying not to just give up on weight loss entirely (I am becoming quite thick around the middle since menopause hit), but I now find that paleo low carb, which used to work beautifully for me, is now no more effective or satisfying than the worst of the low fat/high carb diets I remember from the bad old days. I truly believe that I have tried everything (high carb/low carb; high fat/low fat; high protein/low protein) EXCEPT true, "by the book," Atkins.

Nelson--
I'm going to go look at your pasts posts.

Do you have a journal?

Or...is there a particular thread or post that describes what's been happening to you?

I hear you on the menopuasal crap.

Almost one year ago to the date I started bHRT-sublingual. IT was the missing puzzel piece--almost immediately--brain fog lifted, mood improved, energy up, weight loss like a "normal" person (whatever that is), and just feeling like I always thought normal people felt like. I'll see if I can go find that thread because it was really interesting to hear about other women going thru similar stuff.

I swear, "they" will have to pry it out of my stiff dead hand before I give it up. I can't ever see going back to where I was a year ago. It sucked.

Nelson Fri, May-21-10 12:31

Quote:
Almost one year ago to the date I started bHRT-sublingual. IT was the missing puzzel piece--almost immediately--brain fog lifted, mood improved, energy up, weight loss like a "normal" person (whatever that is), and just feeling like I always thought normal people felt like. I'll see if I can go find that thread because it was really interesting to hear about other women going thru similar stuff.

I swear, "they" will have to pry it out of my stiff dead hand before I give it up. I can't ever see going back to where I was a year ago. It sucked.

I didn't have that experience, but perhaps I needed a better dr. I started on Evamist when the hot flashes really kicked in, and it worked like a charm on the flashes, but I gained 5 lbs and began to itch all over my body. I blamed the hrt for both problems and dropped it, but the weight didn't come off and the itching still is not completely gone. Hot flashes are back, of course.

I am leaving today for a two-week vacation, so if I ignore a post, it isn't rudeness on my part. I will be checking in again later. Thanks.

cnmLisa Sat, Oct-23-10 20:53

Hitting The Low Carb Trifecta--Part Cinq

1 year and 158 days of staying true to plan.

135 pounds!

Becoming a Zumba instructor!

jimmy1234 Wed, Oct-27-10 03:40

Hi,

This is truly inspirational to me. I'm a self confessed foodie and I can never stick to a diet for a long time. Reading your post however, has inspired me give low carb dieting another chance.

Thanks,
Jimmy

cnmLisa Sat, May-14-11 21:14

I thought I would update....140#

Still true to plan.
Will be having my 51 birthday in a few days.
Still doing Zumba.
Still feeling pretty good.

I'm going to keep riding this wave for as long as possible.

Progress not perfection.

Lisa

TChice Sun, May-15-11 14:18

WOW! Great job.

Za'atar Mon, May-16-11 06:13

Wow! 51! I am 51 and hope I look that good by 52!

I was wondering if this low carb thing (for people as old as I am) is like the bright red mid life sports car-- but the cheap version. I'd rather have a new (healthy) body than a red sports car. I am looking forward to wearing a slim black dress and being propositioned by a 30 year old man.