Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   still cant believe it!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=250135)

Cissie_12 Thu, Mar-01-07 12:21

Jo,

I am soooooooooooo happy for you! You both amaze and inspire me girl. I know you went through a lot of pain, not to mention the expense, having your tummy tuck done and you deserve to reap the benefits. I bet your daughters are a bit jealous of mom! lol Here in the US you would be known as "One Hot Mama"!

Cissie

VoodooGal Sun, Mar-04-07 10:46

You look absolutely AMAZING!! I just noticed that you had a tummy tuck which is discouraging only in the sense that I hoped that someday I could have a similar physique!!! We'll see how things turn out in the end... maybe I can be a lucky one with rubber band skin ;) Congratulations!

Nuna Sun, Mar-04-07 17:37

you look great!

kandiskane Sun, Mar-04-07 19:05

Amazing, you look FABULOUS!!!! A real inspiration.
Cheers,
Carol

idecided Tue, Mar-06-07 13:07

Thanks so much Jo, I'm on my third day and I know this works because I've done it in the past, I just have to decide that it's a lifestyle change for me not a diet.

shirsham Thu, Apr-19-07 07:28

Wow, you look absolutely amazing. I read your success story and found it truly inspiring. Thank you for sharing your story and pictures with us. :)

LOL79 Sat, Sep-29-07 01:50

Thanks for posting your story. You're really inspiring.

I've been looking at your tummy tuck gallery, since I know I will need mine done too once I reach goal. From the pics, I'm guessing you had a full tummy tuck instead of a mini?

I would never believe you are 42 from your pics. I would have guessed 30. You look absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations!

Dianomite Mon, Oct-08-07 08:19

WOW! You are absolutely gorgeous! Let the low-carb naysayers 'eat cake'....... so to speak. ;>)

clarabel Mon, Oct-08-07 09:37

Brilliant, Jo — congratulations! You really are an inspiration and it's great to read a story like yours and see your progress illustrated too. Hope I can emulate your success.

Goolu Wed, Oct-17-07 13:35

Awesome :thup:

dantesmom Thu, Oct-18-07 12:19

Thank you for sharing. I am just starting on my Low carb journey again today and this is very uplifting to read.

swingdance Tue, Oct-23-07 19:09

I agree..New LC'ers NEED to see these kinds of stories..

I sure hope you are STILL doing great!

227 Mon, Nov-05-07 14:09

Thanks for this. I started at 210, and need to get down to 140. It seems a "long haul". Did you stop thinking about it, and just continued low carbing?
I've managed to lose 12 lbs in Induction, which hopefully is good news, and that Atkins and my metabolism are a match! I hope so, as Weightwatchers, special k diets have all failed. I was left starving - so hungry I'd eat wooden table legs!

I was interested in this pattern you mentioned. So you lose weight on the scales or inches, but not both at the same time? Okay, that's worth remembering.

I'm just delighted to have read, that 210 to 140 CAN be done! That in itself, is like winning the lottery for me!!

ojoj Mon, Nov-05-07 15:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by 227
Thanks for this. I started at 210, and need to get down to 140. It seems a "long haul". Did you stop thinking about it, and just continued low carbing?
I've managed to lose 12 lbs in Induction, which hopefully is good news, and that Atkins and my metabolism are a match! I hope so, as Weightwatchers, special k diets have all failed. I was left starving - so hungry I'd eat wooden table legs!

I was interested in this pattern you mentioned. So you lose weight on the scales or inches, but not both at the same time? Okay, that's worth remembering.

I'm just delighted to have read, that 210 to 140 CAN be done! That in itself, is like winning the lottery for me!!

I actually "overshot" my target of 140lbs and went down to 126lbs which is roughly where I am today! (I didnt know how to stop "dieting" so just carried on). I think I lost about 10lbs in the first 2 weeks and felt healthier and thinner almost immediately. I found it so easy that weight loss almost became a secondary issue compared with the health benefits that came along! (IBS, reflux, aching joints, lethargy, excema... all went!)

And yes, my weight loss did fall into a fairly regular pattern. the weight would drop for 2 weeks, followed by the inches, it didnt seem to happen at the same time, I guess my body had to catch up with itself.

you know, in retrospect, 70lbs isnt that much and it didnt seeem that long, June-february. Maybe in the beginning it seemed a bit daunting, but as I say, there were health benefits and I wasnt struggling or eating table legs for the first time ever! So I just got on with it, knowing that every week that passed would be a bit nearer to where I was aiming.

You can do it - it wasnt hard. Just dont cheat or get too impatient. Being slim for me is better than winning the lottery!! Good luck and keep on keeping on! :D

clarabel Tue, Nov-06-07 05:48

Very interesting about the inches and lbs not coming off at the same time. I still haven't lost any more weight (this is week 6) and have stopped getting on the scales as it's a bit disheartening. But my face and upper body especially are smaller and my stomach no longer looks 6 months pregnant. No one has asked me when it's due or offered me a seat on a bus or tube for at least 3 weeks - hallelujah! I still can't grasp, though, how this can happen. my clothes are looser (top half ones more so ... so why isn't it reflected on the scales?