Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Confession Booth (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   The one thing you won't give up (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=441317)

charlene1 Wed, Apr-11-12 22:09

The one thing you won't give up

For me, it's a taco shell. I can have a taco salad and all that jazz, but honestly, it's the one product other than ketchup that I just won't substitute. As with ketchup, which I hardly ever eat, a good old fashioned taco shell just can't be beat. I never have more than one, and calculate the carbs accordingly. I'm curious - what high carb item are you willing to negotiate around?

tragedian Wed, Apr-11-12 22:28

During boot camp, you and the other members of your squadron have 'food conversations', where you talk about all the stuff you would just about die to wrap your lips around. By the end of training, though, there is just one thing you want to the exclusion of everything else. For me, it was classic coca cola. That's how I found out that there isn't a single drop of coke in the entire dallas fort worth international airport. Not one drop. Only pepsi. Upon returning, my mother took me out to eat, having asked what I wanted. My request; chocolate chip pancakes.

Upon starting LC, I thought there was no way I could live without ketchup. I used to slather heinz on everything. It seems I've lost the taste for it now, though. I occasionally try it, but I'm kindof 'meh' about it.

All of this preamble leads me to my one LC exception. It has to be really worth it, right? And a true occasional treat, yes?

Wedding Cake. The king of all cakedom. And how many weddings do you go to in your life, right?

indie Wed, Apr-11-12 22:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragedian
Upon starting LC, I thought there was no way I could live without ketchup. I used to slather heinz on everything. It seems I've lost the taste for it now, though. I occasionally try it, but I'm kindof 'meh' about it.

Thats me..only my thing was corn chips, Esp BBQ'd Fritos. Only they taste too salty now and make me feel achey the next day.

Alas dear corn chips, Im throwing you to the curb :)

rosyposy51 Wed, Apr-11-12 22:58

A glass of wine on my day off.....I really enjoy it when I'm cooking and winding down

Blackstone Wed, Apr-11-12 23:52

There are several items that I could list here...but after thinking about it, I don't want to list a food. What I won't give up on is TRYING!!! :) I can only fail if I stop trying. And I'm never going to quit..never!

RubySpider Thu, Apr-12-12 07:33

Aw, come on! Just one?!
It is a toss up between expresso with hwc and diet root beer.
No matter how hard I work on drinking more water, I always seem to have room for these one of these two drinks. I have to limit myself to just one a day or I would live off the stuff- water be damned.

rosejamm Thu, Apr-12-12 08:19

Apple pie! For some reason I can't resist a piece of delicious apple pie, the smell itself makes me drool. I try not to overdo it and only have some on rare occasions, I don't even make it at home anymore because I'd probably eat the whole tray.

pixistix19 Thu, Apr-12-12 09:42

COFFEE CREAMER!!! Enough said :)

Ayustar Fri, Apr-13-12 03:37

It's going to sound lame but fruit.

RubySpider Fri, Apr-13-12 03:43

Ayustar, that's not lame at all! My cat and I love cantaloupe and when they are in season, I am getting one for us. I also adore dried papaya and fresh mangoes. Love, love, love them. If there was a word stronger than "love", I'd use it!

leemack Fri, Apr-13-12 03:55

chocolate - thank goodness for 90% cocoa chocolate!

Lee

PilotGal Fri, Apr-13-12 05:15

never going to give up my coffee..
ever.

RubySpider Fri, Apr-13-12 05:39

Charlene1, I found you this:

aj_cohn Tue, Apr-17-12 17:17

I could probably give up anything if I had to, but I'd miss bacon the most.

dantonn9 Fri, May-11-12 09:08

I can't give up watermelon. I eat a HUGE bowl of it for a meal. Mmmmmm sugar and water. lol I'm pathetic.