Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   7 days straight of clean eating challenge (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=449338)

donnahill8 Sun, Jan-13-13 21:38

7 days straight of clean eating challenge

Hey,

I realize I'm going to have to have baby steps to be successful again. I need small goals that I can achieve and boost my confidence with. Anyone else need mini goals? If so, join me in this challenge. Every week copy and paste the chart and update your own line. Jump in anytime you like with your start and end dates. Happy LCing!

round# Name Start date end date rounds under ur belt
1 donna 1/13/13 1/20/13 0

donna

donnahill8 Sun, Jan-13-13 21:46

round# Name Start date end date rounds under ur belt
1 donna 1/13/13 1/20/13 0

I'm having some technical difficulties with the chart alignment. Hope I fixed it this time.

donna

donnahill8 Sun, Jan-13-13 21:47

Help!! Not lining up like it should!

hanfordian Mon, Jan-14-13 00:50

try putting in periods instead of spaces

donnahill8 Mon, Jan-14-13 08:37

round#....... Name........ Start date....... end date...... rounds under ur belt
1 ...............donna......... 1/13/13......... 1/20/13.......... 0

Thanks Hanfordian!

donna

donnahill8 Mon, Jan-14-13 09:04

Day 2 for me of this challenge. Seems like a simple challenge, but it's just that...a challenge! Everyday under my belt is another day of success. I need sucess on a daily basis to keep me going. I joined the 5 lbs challenge, which is great, but it does require me to look at the scales daily, which I'm not ready for at this time. I'd like to focus on eating and be satisfied and not on lbs lost at this moment.

Come join me!

donna

Whofan Mon, Jan-14-13 11:33

donna: I think this is a great idea. I'll join you. Although I'm on the maintenance weekly weigh-in, I'm having terrible difficulty getting rid of 4lbs of carb creep. Clean, clean, eating every day is the only way (for me) to do it. Also I'm a big fan of mini goals. Every success I've ever had at anything has been via babysteps. I also like that we don't have to post our weight for this one, just our day to day accountability. So, for example, if I don't eat clean tomorrow, does that mean that I can't post here again until round 2 begins? Just want to be clear on the process.

round#....... Name........ Start date....... end date...... rounds under ur belt
1 ...............donna......... 1/13/13......... 1/20/13.......... 0
1 .............. Whofan....... 1/13/13 ........ 1/20/13.......... 0

If anyone else joins in, let's go alphabetically.

donnahill8 Mon, Jan-14-13 17:47

Thanks for joining me Whofan! If you eat off plan just restart your start and end date. If you go 7 days successfully, do the same, and change your start and end date, add that round to your "rounds under ur belt" and pat yourself on the back. Easy peasy! I look forward to some accountability with you.

Day 2 almost under my belt! this is progess! I had junk food all around me today. Some mild temptation by fresh cookies, but I resisted. Would be real embarrassing to start a challenge that I was the first to fail. :P

donna

donnahill8 Tue, Jan-15-13 07:51

Day 2 was a success! On to Day three!

donna

Whofan Tue, Jan-15-13 11:06

Success for me too so far. I'm finding this very motivating. I also love that what constitutes eating cleanly varies for individuals. For example, I don't feel that I've failed if I occasionally have too many calories-worth of fat-filled, creamy french cheese (which I did last night) because it doesn't trigger a craving or stall me. But I would consider it failure if I had one piece of Dove chocolate. Or one bite of bread. As long as I stay away from sweet and starchy I'm golden and there's weight loss.

donnahill8 Tue, Jan-15-13 12:53

Quote:
I also love that what constitutes eating cleanly varies for individuals

This is so true! That's what the YMMV means, huh?

Glad you got though another day. Today is looking good too. I made a weeks worth of breakfast quiche this morning and froze them. Yum! Yum! I love those things.

donna

donnahill8 Tue, Jan-15-13 21:49

Day 3 was successful!! Hope ur doing well Whofan!

donna

big_loser Tue, Jan-15-13 21:59

For me its not eating cheese or drinking alcohol. Ill join the next one on the 21st

donnahill8 Wed, Jan-16-13 05:35

Quote:
For me its not eating cheese or drinking alcohol. Ill join the next one on the 21st

That's one of the beauties of this challenge, you can jump in any time. It's YOUR start and end date! If you mess up, you change your start date to restart immediately. It goes along with the idea "If you fall off the wagon, you get right back on."
Don't wait! Join us now!

donna

donnahill8 Wed, Jan-16-13 05:40

Wow!

Day 4 is beginning! I have breakfast and lunch all planned out. Wonder if I'll be hungry today for lunch? I think it's a good problem to have.

donna