Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Does losing 250 pounds make me a success story? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=475679)

s93uv3h Sun, May-05-19 02:34

Awesome story!

:)

eggsnsteak Sun, Jun-02-19 23:56

♥️ inspiring post ♥️

khrussva Wed, Feb-03-21 13:39

Starting my 8th year of the LCHF/Keto Lifestyle

To add a footnote to my story... I'm still living the LCHF/Keto lifestyle. Today I celebrate my 7th Keto anniversary - 2/3/14 to 2/3/21. I have not kept all of the pounds off, but I am still healthy and living an active life.

I'm working to resolve the weight creep issue that has been going on since reaching goal a few years ago. These days staying Keto is easy, but I can still overeat good, healthy, fatty food. I have to pay attention to what and how much I eat. In 2020 I didn't pay very good attention. As a result I put on 25 pounds. In my 8th year of Keto I will be paying more attention to my diet. It's time to reverse the trend upward on the scale.

BTW: T2 diabetes is still in remission. Every A1c that I've had since 2015 has been in the low 5's. I have been off of all prescription drugs since 2015 as well.

WereBear Thu, Feb-04-21 08:41

These are all stellar accomplishments. I, too, put on what I call the COVID-15, but I'm back on the best horse again :)

Doggygirl2 Mon, Apr-12-21 14:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
To add a footnote to my story... I'm still living the LCHF/Keto lifestyle. Today I celebrate my 7th Keto anniversary - 2/3/14 to 2/3/21. I have not kept all of the pounds off, but I am still healthy and living an active life.

I'm working to resolve the weight creep issue that has been going on since reaching goal a few years ago. These days staying Keto is easy, but I can still overeat good, healthy, fatty food. I have to pay attention to what and how much I eat. In 2020 I didn't pay very good attention. As a result I put on 25 pounds. In my 8th year of Keto I will be paying more attention to my diet. It's time to reverse the trend upward on the scale.

BTW: T2 diabetes is still in remission. Every A1c that I've had since 2015 has been in the low 5's. I have been off of all prescription drugs since 2015 as well.

I have read your story and many of your posts many times. I admire your continued success maintaining such a significant weight loss for such a long period of time. The fact that you have had a small regain doesn't take away anything from your success in my view. I hope one day I can figure out weight loss and maintenance as effectively as you have!!

khrussva Mon, Apr-12-21 15:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl2
I have read your story and many of your posts many times. I admire your continued success maintaining such a significant weight loss for such a long period of time. The fact that you have had a small regain doesn't take away anything from your success in my view. I hope one day I can figure out weight loss and maintenance as effectively as you have!!

Thanks for the encouragement Doggygirl2! While I am a little disappointed in the size of the weight bounce after reaching goal, I do recognize that this current effort has been very different from all the rest. Every other significant weigh loss effort dating back to the 1970's resulted in gaining all the weight back and more within a small window of time following the "Diet". Making this a lifestyle change kept that from happening again. I just hoped that it would be enough. It's not. So I'm happy that I've kept 80% of the weight off for 5 years. But I will be much happier if I can inch back down to where I was in 2016.

Doggygirl2 Tue, Apr-13-21 07:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
Thanks for the encouragement Doggygirl2! While I am a little disappointed in the size of the weight bounce after reaching goal, I do recognize that this current effort has been very different from all the rest. Every other significant weigh loss effort dating back to the 1970's resulted in gaining all the weight back and more within a small window of time following the "Diet". Making this a lifestyle change kept that from happening again. I just hoped that it would be enough. It's not. So I'm happy that I've kept 80% of the weight off for 5 years. But I will be much happier if I can inch back down to where I was in 2016.

Wishing you all the best in your continued journey!

Jeep#17 Sun, Nov-14-21 04:37

Hi :wave:

This is fantastic! Thanks for sharing your story, I enjoyed reading about your journey. I love how your enjoying life and family and yes you are definitely a success story!

:rheart: