Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   RickinTN Gym Log (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=282569)

RickinTN Mon, Jan-23-06 08:51

RickinTN Gym Log

I started exercising today. Due to my weight, I started out slow. But, I will increase as it goes

1/2 Mile walking
1/8 Mile Backstroke Swimming

RickinTN Tue, Jan-24-06 15:11

Was running late today. Only 15 minutes of mixed treading the water in the swimming pool with backstroking in the pool

RickinTN Wed, Jan-25-06 17:08

20 Minutes front stroke and tredding. I am going to try to find some exercises to do water aerobics since they don't offer them at a time I am not at work

RickinTN Thu, Jan-26-06 14:02

Walked around indoor track for 20 minutes

RickinTN Fri, Jan-27-06 06:53

I started my own water aerobics routine this morning. I didn't like getting up at 5:30. But, after I did it, I felt so much better.

15 Minutes walking in the pool
20 minutes resistance exercises in the pool
15 minutes squated backwards walk in the pool
TREATED myself to 15 minutes in the hot tub

RickinTN Sun, Jan-29-06 09:18

This is for Saturday, 1/28/06

20 Minutes marching (yes marching) in the pool
25 minutes resistance exercise in the pool
20 minutes alternating side step and backward squat walking in the pool

RickinTN Sun, Jan-29-06 09:18

As many of you know, I have been exercising in the water doing different resistance exercises. However, I am having problems trying to figure out how to exercise my ab muscles to tone them as I loose weight. I found something that suggest you place your elbows on the side of the pool and then draw your legs up into your stomach and hold for 10 seconds. Well, the problem with that is either I am too big to be doing that or it is impossible to do it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, would you recommend doing resistance exercises in the pool or on the resistance equipment. I know the pool is lower impact with the water dumbells. However, would it be better to use the resistance machines?

I just want to tone as I go to help me feel and look the best I can.

RickinTN Sun, Jan-29-06 17:07

Today, I just enjoyed the day with my wife and went and walke around a flea market

RickinTN Mon, Jan-30-06 05:59

20 minutes backstroke in pool
15 minutes resistance exercise in the pool
15 minutes walking in the pool

RickinTN Tue, Jan-31-06 09:26

Backstroke swimming for 30 minutes today. Total distance: .3 Miles

I just signed up for an awesome program through Men's Health. And, yes, women can sign up also. It is a structured training program to help me move along at a pace which is right for me. It is interactive and shows you how to do it. The first 10 days are free. So, you may to check it out. Then, it is only a little over $9.00 a month. They have a diet thing to. But, it isn't low carb. So, I just chose the exercise thing. It is really awesome I think!

With a cutting-edge, interactive program, Men's Health gives you a personalized virtual trainer to help reach all of your workout goals. Read what your friend has to say about the program:

Go to http://menshealth.genesant.com to read more about the programs offered. If you decide to join, enter my username as the referrer. I am not sure why they want it. Maybe it makes a list of buddies or something. I don't know. Anyway, here is my username. It has to be entered exactly like this

Username: rickintn

Have a great day guys!

RickinTN Wed, Feb-01-06 12:23

Exercise for 2/1/06

Machine Chest Press - 2 Set of 8 Reps with 200 Lbs.
Close-Grip Pulldowns - 2 Sets of 8 Reps with 100 Lbs
Machine Low Back Extensions - 1 Set of 10 Reps with 150 Lbs
Knee Tucks - 1 Set of 10 Reps
Crunches - 1 Set of 20 Reps
Backstroke Swimming - 30 Minutes

RickinTN Thu, Feb-02-06 07:21

30 Minutes backstroke swimming

RickinTN Fri, Feb-03-06 14:30

Machine Shoulder Press 130 lbs. at 8 reps and 120 lbs. at 3 reps (supposed to be two 8's at 130. I just couldn't do it)
Knee Tucks 10 reps
Crunches 20 reps
Backstroke Swimming for 20 minutes

NOW, for my embarrasing moment this morning. I was also supposed to do Machine Triceps Extensions this morning. I never knew my butt wouldn't fit between the bar and back of the machine. I didn't see anyway of getting the back adjusted and I almost got stuck on it. I started to panic. Had I known this, I would have chosen a different exercise from my person trainer at Men's Health.

RickinTN Sat, Feb-04-06 09:00

Backstroke Swimming 30 Minutes .35 Miles

RickinTN Mon, Feb-06-06 07:33

Excercise Today
Angled Leg Press 3 Sets 10 at 295 Lbs
Lying Leg Curls 2 sets of 12 at 80 Lbs
Machine Preacher Curls 2 Sets at 50 Lbs
Knee Tucks 1 Set of 10
Crunches 1 Set of 20
Backstroke swimming - 30 Minutes