Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   LC Research/Media (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   FAT: A Documentary (2019) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=483111)

s93uv3h Sun, Oct-27-19 09:28

FAT: A Documentary (2019)

part 1

part 2

part 3

Grav Sun, Oct-27-19 12:57

I bought a copy of this when it first came out. It crams a fair amount in for the time given, but then I guess it is a long story. :)

I don't know if those YouTube links are authorised by the filmmakers, so to anyone who does enjoy this documentary after watching it there, perhaps consider purchasing a copy of your own as well.

PilotGal Sun, Oct-27-19 15:04

Thank you for these links.
Absolutely enjoying it, Just wish people around me would take it to heart.
I have sick friends that will not bother with this...

Thanks, again.

organpipeg Mon, Oct-28-19 04:50

Would this be a good watch with my husband? He recently watched Game changers on Netflix and got really excited about a plant-based diet. Then he rewatched forks over knives and doubled down. I'd love to watch something that supports HFLC that isn't a lecture but more of a documentary. Would this fit the bill?

s93uv3h Mon, Oct-28-19 13:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by organpipeg
... I'd love to watch something that supports HFLC that isn't a lecture but more of a documentary. Would this fit the bill?
Yes.________

Calianna Mon, Oct-28-19 16:46

Quote:
Would this be a good watch with my husband? He recently watched Game changers on Netflix and got really excited about a plant-based diet. Then he rewatched forks over knives and doubled down. I'd love to watch something that supports HFLC that isn't a lecture but more of a documentary. Would this fit the bill?

If you haven't watched it yet, you'll want to, and see what you think about how he'll take it, because reactions could be varied, depending on where you're coming from.

I know my one kid would automatically reject it, because she insists that the 7 countries study never included more than 7 countries, and that Keyes did NOT cherry pick only the countries that fit his hypothesis from a much larger number of countries that had stats all over the place. As compelling as the entire documentary is to me, in her case, based purely on what she's read/heard as "truth" about the 7 countries study - that alone would give her pause enough to reject, or at least seriously doubt the rest of it.

Ms Arielle Mon, Oct-28-19 17:04

Frustating.

organpipeg Mon, Oct-28-19 18:10

Interesting, thanks Caliana and s93uv. I guess I should watch it first and see. I never pushed my diet on him because I never saw him giving up chips and beer but if he gives them up for plant based I'll be PO'd he never gave lc a chance:)

JEY100 Tue, Oct-29-19 03:24

Quote:
Interesting, thanks Caliana and s93uv. I guess I should watch it first and see. I never pushed my diet on him because I never saw him giving up chips and beer but if he gives them up for plant based I'll be PO'd he never gave lc a chance:)

Great thing about "plant-based"..Chips and beer, potatoes and wheat, are all good! :lol:

This documentary was similar to others on the topic, but for someone new to low carb, it may be convincing.

Ms Arielle Tue, Oct-29-19 06:05

Quote:

Perhaps take any change he attemps.....because then he has opened himself up to learning more and seeking better health. Perhaps the dinnertime conversations will become "dynamic" as real information is shared and you then seek out more facts.