Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   LC Research/Media (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Skinny on Fat (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=481843)

JEY100 Thu, Jan-10-19 16:33

The Skinny on Fat

DocuSeries starting January 15th. FREE if you sign up for the daily episodes. Would need to purchase it after this time. It will work similar to the On-line Seminars, Free Daily for 9 days. Resist the sales jobs and a good deal. Preview and list of the 50 experts at link below.

Quote:
If you or perhaps one of your loved ones is struggling with their health, or perhaps just looking for powerful research, then there's a great new event coming up soon. We were both recently a part of a documentary series called The Real Skinny On Fat.

It was an honor to be a part of this. We joined over 50+ experts from around the world to uncover the power of fasting, ketosis and discussed nobel prize-winning information on autophagy and much more. We take a deep dive into the science and research and uncover myths that most of us have been brainwashed to believe.

The information is truly powerful and we hope you find it helpful. Please share with anyone who could benefit. The docuseries starts January 15th and totally free. You get 1 episode per day for 9 days. There is an option to purchase a copy when the series is finished if you’d like. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did. It’s truly profound information all in one place:

http://therealskinnyonfat.com/optin/

- Dr. Jason Fung and Megan Ramos

bevangel Fri, Jan-11-19 17:12

Um, when I try to follow the link, my Norton antivirus blocks it and pops up a big red and white screen titled "Dangerous Web Page Blocked."

Where did you find the page you quoted? Maybe if I follow the link directly from that page...

JEY100 Sat, Jan-12-19 02:38

Still works for me but try the same url without the ending /optin

http://therealskinnyonfat.com

I got this from Dr Fung's newsletter, but the participants should have it on their websites or newsletters too...Dr Mark Hyman, Mark Sisson,

GRB5111 Sat, Jan-12-19 09:28

I had the same result with Norton running on my system. I believe this is a case of linking to a site requiring registration with information, and it's one that Norton hasn't seen before, so all the boxes are checked for issuing the warning. It gives you a choice to go to the site in the warning page, but it certainly gets your attention.

GRB5111 Sat, Jan-12-19 09:48

These DocuSeries are becoming more popular in the LC/Keto community. I hesitated in registering at first, but I know over the nine-day period I'll be able to choose the presentations that resonate most by topic and presenter, and that approach usually works out well. Sharing our experiences on this thread will enable us to alert one another if there is a particularly noteworthy topic or presenter. There are a lot of experts involved, so it should help to filter good information based on interests or needs.

bevangel Sat, Jan-12-19 10:32

Thanks Janet and Rob. I was a bit concerned that maybe the site URL had been hijacked by spammers or worse. It happens.

A website run by my extended family (providing tribal history and keeping family members updated on what's going on in the core community) once got hijacked by somebody pushing XXX-rated garbage! I was on my law firm's computer system, when, taking a break from my work, I decided to go to our tribal page. I got a warning but because I was familiar with the site and knew it to be safe, I ignored the warning. Instead of info about the upcoming pow-wow that I expected, pages and pages of images that one "can never un-see" started popping up!

I'd X out of one and two more would instantly pop up. I couldn't even get around them to close the browser or log out of the machine. Ended up having to go get our 20-something tech guy to come help. Soooooo embarassing!

Now when I get any sort of warning from my antivirus system, I don't ignore it till someone who KNOWS it's okay tells me it's okay. :)

Whoever owns the site probably needs to contact Norton and see if they can't get it recognized as "safe" (however that is done) or they're going to lose out on potential registrants.

JEY100 Wed, Jan-16-19 06:14

The first episode is two hours long. It would only be an hour if they cut out the close-ups of Naomi Whittel looking intensely into the camera and nodding. Never heard of her before this, can see why. Overly long and slow interviews, or maybe it is just I have heard all this before, but ending up scrubbing through most of this episode.

GRB5111 Wed, Jan-16-19 07:52

I'm having the same reaction; though, I'm about halfway through. I'll continue watching today. The interviews with Cate and Nina are definitely repeats for those who have been interested in researching low carb over the past few years. I found some value in the interview with Joe Maroon. I'm curious about some of the other guests with whom I'm familiar. Will they deliver the same messages we've heard from them, something new hopefully? For those with whom I'm not familiar, I'm hoping they can provide something new of value. I'll continue to cherry pick my way through this.

It's a professionally produced production, and I fully expect to receive marketing information via my email when the series is over.

WereBear Wed, Jan-16-19 08:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
Will they deliver the same messages we've heard from them, something new hopefully? For those with whom I'm not familiar, I'm hoping they can provide something new of value. I'll continue to cherry pick my way through this.

It's a professionally produced production, and I fully expect to receive marketing information via my email when the series is over.

We are not the choir they are preaching to, I think.

GRB5111 Wed, Jan-16-19 09:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
We are not the choir they are preaching to, I think.

Definitely not. At the end of Episode 1, Montel Williams asked all to share the series by using the link provided. That's the objective, and that's fine. It's a good series for those who are new to low carb or have health symptoms related to Metabolic Syndrome.

In the second half of Episode 1, Dom D'Agostino provided some good information primarily on exogenous ketones with some cautionary notes about using ketone salts. I would have liked some more detail on the benefits on going "natural" with endogenous ketone production being increased by eliminating carbs in the diet.

bevangel Wed, Jan-16-19 09:54

I didn't hear anything new but then, I agree with WereBear, we're not the audience they're aiming at.

I'm afraid the "talking heads" method of presentation is going to bore most people silly so that very few even make it all the way thru episode 1, much less bother to tune in to episode 2.

Perhaps they're aiming this at medical and nutritional professionals, and hoping that by keeping it all very dry, they'll avoid any criticisms that this is another glitter and glitz presentation aimed at mesmerizing the unwary into buying into something stupid. For sure, it definitely was NOT mesmerizing! :lol: And, IMHO they could and should have left ALL of the footage of Whittel on the cutting room floor. She doesn't add anything of value.

deirdra Wed, Jan-16-19 13:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
The first episode is two hours long. It would only be an hour if they cut out the close-ups of Naomi Whittel looking intensely into the camera and nodding. Never heard of her before this, can see why. Overly long and slow interviews, or maybe it is just I have heard all this before, but ending up scrubbing through most of this episode.
My thoughts exactly; cut out the kissy welcomes and touchy-feely stuff and get to the meat. I wish they had the option to watch at 1.25 or 1.5X speed, normal conversation speed. There were a few things things I hadn't heard before. The Day 1 Bonus Interview on brain tumors was good.

JEY100 Thu, Jan-17-19 07:07

Another two hour episode with a 27 minute bonus :rolleyes: some people think I am too obsessed with LC nutrition, but I do have a life :lol:

However, if you want to skip Montel and a chiropractor, zip up to 1 hour, 17 minutes for Mark Sisson ;)

GRB5111 Thu, Jan-17-19 09:10

Thanks, starting with Mark Sisson this morning.

bevangel Thu, Jan-17-19 12:18

Jey, Thanks for the head's up on skipping ahead.