Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Paleolithic & Neanderthin (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Anyone binge eat meat? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=417364)

gwu Sat, Sep-18-10 13:53

Anyone binge eat meat?

Ever since I've gone Paleo, it just doesn't seem like the quantity of food matters anymore. Because of this, I've become more and more fond of buffets, particularly ones that serve meat, and sometimes I might stuff myself with meat almost to the point of painful discomfort "just because I can".

Has anyone been through this, and did you experience any negative results from it?

PilotGal Sat, Sep-18-10 14:04

if i eat too much pork belly, i get terribly nauseous.

karatepig Sat, Sep-18-10 21:21

Yes, though I seem to be doing it less these past few days. Maybe it's just your body wanting to load up on all the stuff it has been missing.

BigBenny Sat, Sep-18-10 23:46

No such thing as binging on meat -- but the seasonings can become troublesome and more than likely, the reason you can eat to discomfort is because the meat is so lean. Eating fatty meat will get you to a point where your body just says "no" before your stomach becomes distended

Nancy LC Sun, Sep-19-10 08:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwu
Ever since I've gone Paleo, it just doesn't seem like the quantity of food matters anymore. Because of this, I've become more and more fond of buffets, particularly ones that serve meat, and sometimes I might stuff myself with meat almost to the point of painful discomfort "just because I can".

Has anyone been through this, and did you experience any negative results from it?

My Dad was like that. He intended to make sure the restaurant came away at a loss. :)

I can't overeat on meat very often. Occasionally chicken wings will set off a binge.

Ayustar Mon, Sep-20-10 04:11

All the time! If I get a rotisserie chicken I will eat the whole thing to myself in one go! Little ol' me!! People think I am a monster!! 32 ounce steaks...no problem! I would like steak with a side of steak, please!

msmum1977 Fri, Sep-24-10 11:36

Ayustar, you are so hilarious, steak with a side of steak!

No one would blink an eye at me (at 250 lbs), eating a steak like that.

And I frequently eat an entire rotisserie chicken, too!

MicheleK Sun, Sep-26-10 18:24

Steak with a side of bacon for me! :)

gwynne2 Sun, Sep-26-10 18:36

I can binge on meat, although I generally try not to binge on anything anymore. But I just ate about a pound of roast pork with a nice cream sauce for dinner. That was a little more than was comfortable.

My capacity to overeat fatty steaks used to be pretty bottomless--I do actually get that "stop" feeling nowadays.

RDBois Sat, Oct-02-10 21:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwu

I also do this! Once in a while, when I'm not in the mood for cooking, and I'm starving because I almost didn't eat anything for breakfast, I buy one of them cooked BBQ chickens from the food market. I make a point to eat not only the meat but as much chicken fat as I can handle. Eat an entire chicken once in one feeding! Well I'm a 6'1" 260 pounds; I can certainly eat a bird once in a while.

lol

GonzoC Sat, Oct-02-10 21:47

I binge eat on shrimp. I buy the big bag from Sam's Club, stir fry them and will eat the entire bag in 2 to 3 days.

Ummm ummm good.

IvannaBFit Sun, Nov-07-10 23:18

Yeah -- huge Rib Eyes from Wal Mart.

perfectfit Wed, Dec-01-10 04:41

I can certainly binge eat meat. :)