Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   June 2018 Salad-A-Day Challenge (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=480402)

Ms Arielle Sun, Jun-24-18 17:03

Marinate of feta and mixed olives with breakfast.

Dottie Tue, Jun-26-18 06:37

Still here! Been a busy weekend :)

Yesterday was a simple green salad

Today will be tuna salad either in lettuce or Kashi 7 grain crackers :)

Ms Arielle Tue, Jun-26-18 11:48

Too few green salads with lots of roughage is causing GI problems, to be polite about it.

Only took two days without to get into trouble.

LARGE green salad with 2 goldenberries, ACV, OO and ceaser dressing... eaten VERY slowly.... with a spoon. Also few almonds, walnuts, and chunk of gouda. 4 oz salmon sauted in keeygold and co; one T tiny shrimp.

myrt4930 Tue, Jun-26-18 13:37

Ate a salad anyway. Romaine, 1/3 cuke, Roma tomato 1/2, leftover chicken burrito, OF Ranch Dr. So the burrito includes a soft corn tortilla.

Kristine Wed, Jun-27-18 03:04

Yesterday: avocado chicken salad for lunch.
Today: same thing, and broccoli/cauli salad with dinner.

Dottie Wed, Jun-27-18 05:43

Today:
Italian salad sandwich (mini baguette, ham, mozzarella, peppercini peppers, italian dressing, lettuce, tomato and olives).

Arielle I understand! I made a broccoli salad that used raw broccoli and it was delicious, but I had the worst pains in the upper part of my stomach.
I think I've discovered that I can't eat some veggies raw any more: broccoli, zucchini or yellow squash are fine cooked, but raw they cause the same pain.

Ms Arielle Wed, Jun-27-18 13:55

Eating is a journey---:lol: Will test the brocaccali idea, raw v. sauted.

salad today: mixed greens, with oo and ceaser topped with tiny shrimp in mayo.

Chia pudding for dessert!!

SilverEm Mon, Jul-02-18 18:17

Dottie, thanks for the nice salad thread! :)

Ms Arielle Mon, Jul-02-18 19:11

Mixed greens with red pepper, and bluecheese dressing. Topped with bacon!

Kristine Thu, Jul-05-18 01:27

Tuesday: romaine, shredded carrots, shredded red cabbage, shredded cheddar and ranch. Later on, I had some beef with a generous portion of homemade pico de gallo which almost counts as salad. I hate it when I go to a restaurant and they give you maybe 1 Tbsp of it. Gimme at least 1/4 cup or GTHO.

Yesterday: mixed greens, boiled eggs, bacon, shredded cheddar and bistro sauce (basically a spicy mayo that we have at work)

Ms Arielle Thu, Jul-05-18 08:46

yesterday. mixwd greens with mustard greens and kale, mushrooms and red pepper and red onion. Kombucha and oo dressing.

Kristine Sun, Jul-08-18 04:24

Here's yesterday's salad about 10 minutes before I made it:

...and after, along side fish and garlic/dill cream sauce:

:yum:

Ms Arielle Sun, Jul-08-18 06:13

Lovely meal kristine!!

yesterday-- mixed greens, with added mustard and kale greens, with mushrroom and yellow pepper, dressed with kombucka and lemon oo.

Kristine Thu, Jul-12-18 01:04

Yesterday: not really a salad, but I had a few baby carrots and I sliced up this year's first cucumber from the garden, and had those with some ranch dressing.

Ms Arielle Thu, Jul-12-18 07:41

update---salad a day, until sauted up the last of the mixed greens before they spoiled..... new box pf greens purchased for today!!!!