Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   June 2018 Salad-A-Day Challenge (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=480402)

Dottie Fri, Jun-08-18 05:31

Today will be a cobb style salad:
Romaine, avocado, egg, turkey bacon, olives, roma tomato and feta cheese (I don't have Blue on hand).

Dottie Sat, Jun-09-18 07:05

Good morning!
Today lunch will be:
tuna, chickpea, olives, feta tossed w/romaine and Olive Garden light Italian dressing

Dottie Sun, Jun-10-18 06:05

Cucumber and red onion in olive oil and wine vinegar with lunch today :)

Dottie Mon, Jun-11-18 02:17

Skinnytaste chickpea and avocado salad with a little added olive oil and tuna for the protein.

Ms Arielle Mon, Jun-11-18 05:06

guac and green salad at dinner.

Dottie Wed, Jun-13-18 04:31

I'm making a basic salad as a side for lunch and dinner today:
Romaine, spinach, tomato, cucumber and olives + olive garden light Italian dressing with a little olive oil added

Ms Arielle Wed, Jun-13-18 05:31

yesterday
mixed greens, scallions, mushrooms w/ oo and hummus

janetkind Wed, Jun-13-18 10:43

Mixed greens, green peppers, tomato, 1/4 slice of Avaco.{Good fat. and 2 T. yogurt ranch dressing, and little Balsamic vinegar.
Tonight> same as above but will add 1/2 c. or 1 cup Navy beans for protien.

Kristine Wed, Jun-13-18 15:46

Yesterday's salad: mixed greens, tomato, cucumber, boiled egg, aioli as a dressing, and shredded mozza.
Today: romaine, tomato, shredded red cabbage, purple onion, boiled egg, bistro sauce, shredded mozza.

I was somewhat off the wagon with no salad over the weekend. :o Just cooked veggies. I'll make up for it with my guacamole chicken salad tonight. Exactly what it sounds like: make chicken salad however you normally do, but sub guacamole in for mayo. I don't have any celery, but I'll probably just cube up some onion and bell pepper for crunch.

Dottie Fri, Jun-15-18 06:15

Yesterdays salad was a simple leafy green with cucumber and red onion and Italian dressing.

Todays will be the same but with tomato and olives :)

Ms Arielle Fri, Jun-15-18 13:27

today--mixed greens, carrot sticks, hummus, cuke, topped with cesaer dressing.

Kristine Sat, Jun-16-18 04:28

Yesterday: boring, but got the job done. Work had the "crappy" pre-made salad at the salad bar, probably because it was Friday and they were trying to get rid of stuff that would have to be thrown out. Crappy pre-made salad was iceberg lettuce, a bit of shredded carrot and red cabbage, and I added some purple onion and shredded cheddar. I used ranch dressing for a change. I'm kind of "ranched-out" after all these years of LCing, I think.

I'm about to nuke and chill some frozen broccoli and cauliflower for salad later. I bought roasted garlic and bacon dressing; I hope DH likes it.

Dottie Mon, Jun-18-18 05:25

Making the "Skinny Broccoli Salad" from simply nourished living today but I'm cutting back on the grapes and leaving out the cranberries :)

Ms Arielle Mon, Jun-18-18 08:56

My salads are generally the same everyday----as long as I am eating them I am ok with that. The base is an organic herb mix. All greens. Then add extras.

1 yesterday

myrt4930 Mon, Jun-18-18 10:32

I'm going to try this challenge altho no one has posted for a couple of weeks. A salad a day for me. My body is telling me that I'm lazy and need more veggies!