Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Turtle Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   177!! Cripes, I hate it when the scale does this!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=274723)

Jr8Fan Wed, Nov-23-05 07:22

177!! Cripes, I hate it when the scale does this!!

Sigh......well, I can honestly say I have not cheated. Must be because I am a woman!

Mousesmom Wed, Nov-23-05 09:14

I bet it's PMS water weight! It'll be gone in a few days.

Take care, Julie

Nancy LC Wed, Nov-23-05 13:38

I'm really sick of the 160's especially 166 and 167. :p

Mousesmom Wed, Nov-23-05 14:04

The 140s are driving me nuts... 146, 147, 146, 148, 146...... Can I get a new and SMALLER number please?

Julie

Mousesmom Thu, Nov-24-05 16:58

Sometimes wishes get answered -145 this morning.

Julie

ezandreth Fri, Nov-25-05 01:28

I was 153 the other day. Then 154.6 and today, 155. Bah, humbug.

kywoman2 Sun, Jan-01-06 06:57

Have you all ever tried not weighing every day? I know it really gets me down when I feel thinner and get on the scale and it goes no where! I have decided it is what it is. I weigh at the start and then try to wait for 2 weeks, that way it doesnt mess with my mind so much!

Tjenxs Wed, Jan-11-06 22:50

I'm struggling here too. I lost 6 lbs and then they came right back two days later. I don't know what's going on. Just increased my water, eliminated sweeteners, and am hoping for the best. Good luck to you! :)

kywoman2 Thu, Jan-12-06 04:54

Well Tjenxs, I am just now jumping back on since the holidays. I have dieted the lc way for years. I was so thrilled when the industry introduced the lc candy, ice cream, cookies etc. But after finding this website, I am beginning to see that possibly these little treats can sabbotage your diet. This time I am going without, and beefing up the water intake. Before I never did...so unless it is water weight, I dont know what to tell you....except.........dont weigh everyday. Weighing does not work for me. Feeling the inches melting away works for me. The inches come off before the pounds, so I try not to weigh for 2 or 3 weeks at a time. I dont like the disapointment of seeing the scale inch up when it just might be temp water weight....good luck...

Tjenxs Fri, Jan-13-06 07:17

Thanks for the reply. After I posted, I began consistently drinking 100 oz of water each day and, within two days, the extra weight came off. :D Now, I'm back down to my inital weight loss and happy about it. So I guess I've found my fix. I would LOVE to say that I won't weigh everyday, but I know myself...I can't handle the suspense. :)

coli Wed, Jan-18-06 18:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr8Fan
Sigh......well, I can honestly say I have not cheated. Must be because I am a woman!

HI Jr8Fan - I'm Coli and new to all this - not atkins but the site - may I ask how long it took you to loose your weight? My stats are similiar to yours but I'm at 200. Just wondering what time frame I may be looking at - I know we are all different. I would like to get to at least 150

foxgluvs Wed, Jan-18-06 18:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by coli
HI Jr8Fan - I'm Coli and new to all this - not atkins but the site - may I ask how long it took you to loose your weight? My stats are similiar to yours but I'm at 200. Just wondering what time frame I may be looking at - I know we are all different. I would like to get to at least 150

Just wanted to say if you worked hard at it, you could easily get those 50lbs off in 6 months or less, but you are right, everyone loses at different rates.
Good luck!

kywoman2 Thu, Jan-19-06 05:50

:agree: :agree: You see I really believe it all depends on how much you want to lose the weight. This time I feel so motivated that I dont hardly want to eat period! This is a new one for me, but I want it and intend on getting it*weight loss that is :lol: :lol: so good luck I am sure you will fugure it out! Took me awhile but I did!

:wave:
Quote:
Originally Posted by coli

Jr8Fan Fri, Jan-20-06 06:58

Hi Coli and welcome! I restarted Atkins after several years of infertility treatments and massive doses of hormones on August 1, 2005. It has taken me since then to get down to 171.8 this morning. I restarted at 184 pounds. At my highest, I was 193 but wasn't really tracking my weight then, entered it in fitday.com every day but didn't really pay attention. Didn't take long to drop it, though.

I am 45 and I think that contributes to my hard time losing. I just got back to the gym on a regular basis this week. Monday, I weighed 174 and today....well, 171.8, so I hope the gym will speed up my results.

Hope that answer helps. I agree though, you can get to 150 in no time if you stick with it. Personally, I don't care how long it takes.....just that it takes!

Good luck!

coli Sat, Jan-21-06 09:16

Now I need some new Ideas!!!!!!!!!! and is it that bad to have diet caff. free coke

Getting a little tired of eggs and mayo or salad with eggs and cheese - How about it any suggestions - I would love to have a chili - but not on induction - any ideas would be appreciated.

tks coli