Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Spud's record of soreness (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=205904)

pammiejoe6 Sat, Jun-18-05 20:46

bwhahahhaaaaa i SO UNDERSTAND what youre saying Spud!!

IdahoSpud Sat, Jun-18-05 22:49

Lower back and Legs:

Good mornings: 200x10 220x10,10 (back up to max)

Squats: 250x10,10,10
Wide stance squats: 300x10 250x10,10
Lunges: 80x5,5,5,5,5,5
Leg extensions: 145x8 120x10,10 - Pretty certain I gave myself a hernia tonight on these. Pushed a loop of intestine right through the stomach muscle. Dammit. It hurt like hell until I got it pushed back in. The after-pain affected the rest of the workout. Why this particular exercise caused the problem I have *no* idea...

Barbell Calf raises, toes on plates: 200x10,10,10
Dumbell calf raises, toes on plates: 100x10,10,10

Straight leg deadlifts: 250x10,10,10
Pelvic lift, knees and feet together with 100 lb plates: 10,10,10
Pelvic lift, knees and feet apart with 100 lb plates: 10,10,10
Hamstring curls: 85x10 75x10,6(f)

galatia Sun, Jun-19-05 06:29

Quote:

Pretty certain I gave myself a hernia tonight on these. Pushed a loop of intestine right through the stomach muscle. Dammit. It hurt like hell until I got it pushed back in. The after-pain affected the rest of the workout. Why this particular exercise caused the problem I have *no* idea...

!!! Yowza-- Sorry about that!! That sounds Terrible!! Hope it doesn't give you anymore trouble....but be sure to take it easy for awhile. Not that you have to be told that.

FabByFifty Sun, Jun-19-05 07:52

Thanks!

Thanks Guy!!
I really appricate all the info! I am going to come back in and read everything. Right now I have a granddaughter's birthday party today to do.
But, I will be back and thanks so much for all the help and support! :) ;)

Have a Wonderful Day! :)
Brenda

IdahoSpud Sun, Jun-19-05 08:08

Yowza is right! I had this really hard, small painful knot like a cramp, on one side of my lower abs. I just sat there, hunched over with my legs still in the leg extension bar for a couple of minutes, waiting for the pain to subside, but it just wouldn't quit.

At that point I realized that I needed to get the stomach muscles to relax to ease the pain. The worst part was having to lean back and lie down. The stomach muscles clenched even harder, really pinching the intestine. When I finally got to a lying position, the muscles relaxed and I was able to get back to normal. It's still very tender this morning.

BTW I'll very likely skip abs tonight! :)

FabByFifty Sun, Jun-19-05 10:50

Question, Questions, Questions!!

HI Mark,
Thanks again for the info! Its fantastic and very helpful! :)
Ok, do you eat breads, oatmeal, or grains ect. when you lift?

I see that you stay around, or try to stay around, 30 grams of carbs even workingout. Does this work for you?

I just want to get this right from the beginning so there is no room for failure.
After all my screenname is Fabbyfifty, so by October, I'd like to see dramatic changes! Ya thinks thats possible? :D

Have a Good One!
Brenda

FabByFifty Sun, Jun-19-05 14:02

Hi Mark,
I have not got a chance to go into the site that you linked yet.
What do you mean by 80% and 20%?

Sorry, I just may have missed something in one of the posts. :)
And Thanks! ;)
Brenda

FabByFifty Sun, Jun-19-05 15:36

Got Ya!!

GOT YA MARK!! AND I'MMMMMMMMMMM GONNA REMEMBER THAT!!! :lol: :lol:

THANKS I AM GOING TO DO THIS AND DO THIS GOOD!! :D
THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP!
:) :) ;)
BRENDA

pammiejoe6 Sun, Jun-19-05 18:22

ouch!! take it easy!

IdahoSpud Mon, Jun-20-05 16:43

Wimped out last night. Sore stomach muscles and feeling generally logy. Feeling much better today. We'll soon find out what the abs can take!

FabByFifty Mon, Jun-20-05 16:55

Mark
I can relate to the sore ab muscles!! Mine are killing me!! OUCH!!!!!
You are not a wimp!! If is hard to even do one crunch with these sucker hurting!!
but, we will get this and BOTH HAVE ABS OF STEEL SOON!
Good Luck and Have a Great Evening!
Brenda

FabByFifty Mon, Jun-20-05 17:14

Actually I was pretty wimpy myself today! I could only got 16 pound total dumbbells to move for me. And that hurt!! :lol: :lol: :lol: And I could only do 25 incline crunches!! Bad!! :)
Oh well, I am learning this may take some time here!!! :D
Thanks for the support Mark!
Brenda

pammiejoe6 Mon, Jun-20-05 17:20

coming in to see how youre feeling today...glad youre not hurting too much hun!!

IdahoSpud Mon, Jun-20-05 23:17

Heya Pammie, Galatia and Brenda! Feelin' Great! I'm happy to report that *whatever* that was that happened the other night didn't impact my ab workout. No pain!

On the other hand, I'm going to have to watch it on leg extensions. That wasn't the first time I've felt a twinge in the stomach muscle while doing them, just the worst - bar none... That sucks, because I really like using the leg extensions as a safe way to finish off the quads after squats. Looks like it'll have to be lunges from now on... and I *detest* lunges, hahaha.

Delts and abs

Lateral Raises: 25x10,6 20x8
Front Raises: 30x10,8 25x7
Bent over lateral raises: 30x10,7 25x8
Barbell upright rows: 110x10,8,7
1st finisher: Dumbell rotations: 30x10,10,10
2nd finisher: Arnold Presses: 35x10,8,6

Dragon Flags: 10,8,5,5,2
Bicycle crunches: 15,15,15
Oblique situps: 15,15,15
Ab roller extensions: 10,10,10

galatia Tue, Jun-21-05 04:56

Glad that pain has subsided and didn't prevent you doing your work-out. I had a similar thing happen to me yesterday-- not that painful, but really weird. I was doing hyperextensions with a 35 plate- and at the end decided to do some crunches while in the top position-- and something went very wrong in my upper ab area. I got the weight down and massaged the area until the muscle went back into place. Not too painful, just creepy really. I'm thinking-- what in the world was that....:confused:.
Quote:
I *detest* lunges
Me TOO!! I wonder if there is anyone around that doesn't-- probably so, but I'm sure I wouldn't like them ;). I also hate squats-- this doesn't mean I won't keep doing lunges and squats-- because I love what they do-- it's a love/hate relationship I have going with them. And my hips and legs are the worst parts of me-- so of course I need those exercises the most. But just like Sprinting-- most things that aren't fun are really good for you. :rolleyes:

pammiejoe6 Tue, Jun-21-05 12:47

yeah i hate lunges too...:lol:

great to see youre feeling back to normal spud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoSpud
What's a duck deadlift?

its a quad dominant lift...heres the link

http://www.ruggedmag.com/forums/ind...t=0#entry336024

FabByFifty Tue, Jun-21-05 15:52

HI Mark!
Tommorrow I do lunges and squats!! Oh boy, after reading this stuff, I can hardly wait!! :)
I am with the others, you seem to have better spirits! That is GREAT!
And NICE WORKOUT!!

You are doing Fantastic and someday I will be able to do what the rest of you do! But for now I will just be the newbie!! :D

Have A Great Evening Mark!
Brenda

pammiejoe6 Tue, Jun-21-05 18:29

Quote:
Neato exercise! Gonna have to try to remember that one on leg day.

definitely do spuddy...i LOVE them...they KILL my quads!!:lol:

IdahoSpud Tue, Jun-21-05 23:27

Thanks all of you :) Such great friends here!

Arms - Definitely noticing the low carb/low cal diet now. Strength and stamina are noticably worse. Weights and reps are both down :(

Definition is improving, but the scale BF% continues to read about 14.5%. Don't know whether to believe the mirror or the BF% software :) One of them is wrong!

Pullups (rapidly): 8,8,6,5,3
Seated twisting curls: 30x10,8,7
Barbell curls: 70x8 60x10,8
Hammer curls: 30x7,6,5
1st finisher: Cable pull to face: 50x10,10,8
2nd finisher: Incline curls: 20x10,10,10

Close grip bench press (rapidly): 160x10 140x9,6
Kickbacks: 25x10,10,8
Combo Skull crusher/negative bench press: 50x10,10,8
Lying cross face extensions: 20x10,10,10
Standing one arm extensions: 20x8,8,8
Finisher: Reverse grip cable pressdowns: 40x10,10,10

Dumbell wrist curls: 20x10,10,10
Dumbell reverse wrist curls: 15x10,10,10

pammiejoe6 Wed, Jun-22-05 04:27

the BF shtuff is wrong spuddy...the MIRROR and measurements should be right IMO.

great job getting in the workout spudoodle!!:lol:

pammiejoe6 Wed, Jun-22-05 13:08

moi? stuck up?:lol: NEVAHHHH!!

have a fabulous day hun!

pammiejoe6 Wed, Jun-22-05 13:30

Quote:
Hahaha I know you won't get stuck-up. But you are running with a bad crowd, you know! :)

yeah and im feeling kinda sick to my stomach about it honestly already...not too sure if ill keep it up...i always follow my instincts and lately ive been feeling wonderful but ever since i started my other journal i feel sick...

pammiejoe6 Wed, Jun-22-05 14:50

maybe im just nervous...but WHY would i be nervous??:help:

IdahoSpud Wed, Jun-22-05 19:13

Hey Pammie, no worries! I was just kidding around with you!

No workout tonight - scheduled rest day. Tomorrow night we're shutting the plant down to repair a steam leak on a cracked weld. So nothing tomorrow night either. I hate it when work interferes with exercise like this... :)

pammiejoe6 Wed, Jun-22-05 21:11

you may have been kidding but i wasnt at the time...heheheee...i seriously had butterflies in my tummy and felt sick the majority of the day....but i guess it was just jitters...STILL....seems everywhere you know who goes theres a hidden remark about MOI....i think im paranoid! bwhahahaahhaaaaa

so glad youe here to talk to! thanks dudeeeeee!

FabByFifty Thu, Jun-23-05 06:19

Hi Mark and Good Morning! :)

YOU ARE RIGHT I AM SORE!! AND I DON'T THINK RIGHT NOW, I ENJOY THIS IS
IT REALLY HURTS!!

BUT, I am going to take your word for it. It is worth it!!
I hope so, this is terrible, I can not sit, lay, walk or talk for that matter, without saying OUCH!!!
:lol: :lol:
Have a Great Day Mark, and thanks for the encouragement, I needed that right now!
:) :) ;)

Brenda

pammiejoe6 Thu, Jun-23-05 14:52

thanks spuddy...i appreciate your support so mucho! im almost done with this FBFL and now im looking for a new plan...any suggestions?

galatia Thu, Jun-23-05 21:59

Well.....everything seems to be falling apart lately. Tonight my shoulder is hurting. Do you think it's because I'm so close to 50? My sister warned me that you really take a dive at 50-- I was hoping to hold it at bay as long as possible. But it's not looking too good is it? I'm soooo looking forward to resting this week-end. I hope by Monday all the pains are GONE!! How old are you Mark :rolleyes: ? You seem to be having some problems lately too ;).

IdahoSpud Fri, Jun-24-05 06:07

My workout tonight was... work!

After shutting down the facility at midnight, I had to climb both boilers two times each - they're about seven stories high. I went up the stairs with my heels hanging off each step to get a little calf workout. It was a bit of a cardio workout too, although I'd decided against running up the stairs.

There were some valves that had to be shut too. Long-winded, tight valves that were a little more aerobic than I would have liked :) Good delt and forearm workout there, and I felt a little lat pumping too. Not bad exercise for being on the clock :)

Cara73 Fri, Jun-24-05 08:00

Hi Mark,

Thanks so much for stopping by. I've seen you in so many friends journals, not sure why I never stopped by before. But glad you did. Thank you for the encouragement. I surely need all I can get :lol: I really am enjoying this. I never thought I'd say that. Funny how that works out. Debbie got me going on the weight training and I've been bugging her ever since, poor woman!! :rolleyes: :lol:

Thank you for the info on the EZ curl bar. I think I might try switching it up like you suggested. Do you use different bars for each set, or for different workouts? Just curious how I should do that. I don't want to cheat in any way. If I'm going to do the workout, I certainly want to get the most out of it, that's for sure. Otherwise, why bother. I have a limited amount of equipment at home, so pull ups and that type of thing aren't an option. I basically have a bench, olympic bar and EZ bar along with db's. But I seem to do ok with just that.

Here I go again. Now you've entered my world, and I tend to ramble :lol: You might be sorry you stopped by :lol:

I'm about 4 hours from St. Louis. I live closer to Springfield, down close to the AR border. In the Ozark Mountains. I love it here. I'm from Chicago originally.

Again, thanks for stopping by, your help and advice, and your encouragement. I appreciate it!!! Have a wonderful day.

Cara