Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Spud's record of soreness (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=205904)

pammiejoe6 Tue, Jun-21-05 12:47

yeah i hate lunges too...:lol:

great to see youre feeling back to normal spud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoSpud
What's a duck deadlift?

its a quad dominant lift...heres the link

http://www.ruggedmag.com/forums/ind...t=0#entry336024

FabByFifty Tue, Jun-21-05 15:52

HI Mark!
Tommorrow I do lunges and squats!! Oh boy, after reading this stuff, I can hardly wait!! :)
I am with the others, you seem to have better spirits! That is GREAT!
And NICE WORKOUT!!

You are doing Fantastic and someday I will be able to do what the rest of you do! But for now I will just be the newbie!! :D

Have A Great Evening Mark!
Brenda

pammiejoe6 Tue, Jun-21-05 18:29

Quote:
Neato exercise! Gonna have to try to remember that one on leg day.

definitely do spuddy...i LOVE them...they KILL my quads!!:lol:

IdahoSpud Tue, Jun-21-05 23:27

Thanks all of you :) Such great friends here!

Arms - Definitely noticing the low carb/low cal diet now. Strength and stamina are noticably worse. Weights and reps are both down :(

Definition is improving, but the scale BF% continues to read about 14.5%. Don't know whether to believe the mirror or the BF% software :) One of them is wrong!

Pullups (rapidly): 8,8,6,5,3
Seated twisting curls: 30x10,8,7
Barbell curls: 70x8 60x10,8
Hammer curls: 30x7,6,5
1st finisher: Cable pull to face: 50x10,10,8
2nd finisher: Incline curls: 20x10,10,10

Close grip bench press (rapidly): 160x10 140x9,6
Kickbacks: 25x10,10,8
Combo Skull crusher/negative bench press: 50x10,10,8
Lying cross face extensions: 20x10,10,10
Standing one arm extensions: 20x8,8,8
Finisher: Reverse grip cable pressdowns: 40x10,10,10

Dumbell wrist curls: 20x10,10,10
Dumbell reverse wrist curls: 15x10,10,10

pammiejoe6 Wed, Jun-22-05 04:27

the BF shtuff is wrong spuddy...the MIRROR and measurements should be right IMO.

great job getting in the workout spudoodle!!:lol:

pammiejoe6 Wed, Jun-22-05 13:08

moi? stuck up?:lol: NEVAHHHH!!

have a fabulous day hun!

pammiejoe6 Wed, Jun-22-05 13:30

Quote:
Hahaha I know you won't get stuck-up. But you are running with a bad crowd, you know! :)

yeah and im feeling kinda sick to my stomach about it honestly already...not too sure if ill keep it up...i always follow my instincts and lately ive been feeling wonderful but ever since i started my other journal i feel sick...

pammiejoe6 Wed, Jun-22-05 14:50

maybe im just nervous...but WHY would i be nervous??:help:

IdahoSpud Wed, Jun-22-05 19:13

Hey Pammie, no worries! I was just kidding around with you!

No workout tonight - scheduled rest day. Tomorrow night we're shutting the plant down to repair a steam leak on a cracked weld. So nothing tomorrow night either. I hate it when work interferes with exercise like this... :)

pammiejoe6 Wed, Jun-22-05 21:11

you may have been kidding but i wasnt at the time...heheheee...i seriously had butterflies in my tummy and felt sick the majority of the day....but i guess it was just jitters...STILL....seems everywhere you know who goes theres a hidden remark about MOI....i think im paranoid! bwhahahaahhaaaaa

so glad youe here to talk to! thanks dudeeeeee!

FabByFifty Thu, Jun-23-05 06:19

Hi Mark and Good Morning! :)

YOU ARE RIGHT I AM SORE!! AND I DON'T THINK RIGHT NOW, I ENJOY THIS IS
IT REALLY HURTS!!

BUT, I am going to take your word for it. It is worth it!!
I hope so, this is terrible, I can not sit, lay, walk or talk for that matter, without saying OUCH!!!
:lol: :lol:
Have a Great Day Mark, and thanks for the encouragement, I needed that right now!
:) :) ;)

Brenda

pammiejoe6 Thu, Jun-23-05 14:52

thanks spuddy...i appreciate your support so mucho! im almost done with this FBFL and now im looking for a new plan...any suggestions?

galatia Thu, Jun-23-05 21:59

Well.....everything seems to be falling apart lately. Tonight my shoulder is hurting. Do you think it's because I'm so close to 50? My sister warned me that you really take a dive at 50-- I was hoping to hold it at bay as long as possible. But it's not looking too good is it? I'm soooo looking forward to resting this week-end. I hope by Monday all the pains are GONE!! How old are you Mark :rolleyes: ? You seem to be having some problems lately too ;).

IdahoSpud Fri, Jun-24-05 06:07

My workout tonight was... work!

After shutting down the facility at midnight, I had to climb both boilers two times each - they're about seven stories high. I went up the stairs with my heels hanging off each step to get a little calf workout. It was a bit of a cardio workout too, although I'd decided against running up the stairs.

There were some valves that had to be shut too. Long-winded, tight valves that were a little more aerobic than I would have liked :) Good delt and forearm workout there, and I felt a little lat pumping too. Not bad exercise for being on the clock :)

Cara73 Fri, Jun-24-05 08:00

Hi Mark,

Thanks so much for stopping by. I've seen you in so many friends journals, not sure why I never stopped by before. But glad you did. Thank you for the encouragement. I surely need all I can get :lol: I really am enjoying this. I never thought I'd say that. Funny how that works out. Debbie got me going on the weight training and I've been bugging her ever since, poor woman!! :rolleyes: :lol:

Thank you for the info on the EZ curl bar. I think I might try switching it up like you suggested. Do you use different bars for each set, or for different workouts? Just curious how I should do that. I don't want to cheat in any way. If I'm going to do the workout, I certainly want to get the most out of it, that's for sure. Otherwise, why bother. I have a limited amount of equipment at home, so pull ups and that type of thing aren't an option. I basically have a bench, olympic bar and EZ bar along with db's. But I seem to do ok with just that.

Here I go again. Now you've entered my world, and I tend to ramble :lol: You might be sorry you stopped by :lol:

I'm about 4 hours from St. Louis. I live closer to Springfield, down close to the AR border. In the Ozark Mountains. I love it here. I'm from Chicago originally.

Again, thanks for stopping by, your help and advice, and your encouragement. I appreciate it!!! Have a wonderful day.

Cara