Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Quick Meals & Snacks (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Creamy Tuna and Mushrooms (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=124985)

coolazchic Wed, Jul-23-03 05:22

Creamy Tuna and Mushrooms

I thought I would post this recepie. A lot of people have been asking me about it lately so I thought I would just share with everyone. It is really simple and nummy.

Creamy Tuna and mushrooms
1 can of tuna
1-1/4 oz of heavy cream
2 tablespoons of Parm. cheese (I add a little more sometimes)
1 tablespoon of cream cheese softened
5 sliced mushrooms
1-1/2 tablespoons of chopped onion
1/4 teaspoon of Garlic powder
2 pats of butter (I did not measure I just put 2 big globs of butter)

Melt butter in pan, add mushrooms and onions with the garlic powder cook until soft. Add heavy cream and cream cheese and blend the cream cheese well into the mixture. Add cheese and tuna cook until all is bubbly......YUM

Oh and the recepie says you can add crumbled bacon or peas but I have never tried that.

Lessara Wed, Jul-23-03 16:14

This sounds great! I'm so tired of chicken and steak!!

coolazchic Thu, Jul-24-03 09:41

Let me know if you like it. There have been a few people on this board that serve it with spinach too. I have not tried it this way yet but that sounds good too. :thup:

suzzee2003 Sat, Jul-26-03 20:10

I love Tuna and Mushrooms so this recipe sounds delicious~! Thanks for posting it!

fairday Mon, Aug-18-03 07:45

Hi! This recipe was just great even though I missed out on many of the ingredients such as onion and parmesan.. and I used chicken, broccoli and mushrooms. Total winner! Thanks for sharing :)

lisam33 Wed, Aug-20-03 08:42

Ok This didnt work for me, there was no creamy sauce. Maybe I am misreading the amount of the cream, how much did you use.

LavndrMoon Thu, Sep-04-03 18:57

This one is GOOD!

I just made it and evryone loved it. It will definately be a dish that gets repeated in this house. I tripled the recipe for 5 people.:agree:

youramigo Fri, Sep-26-03 06:31

Good recepie Sandra. I loved it.

lisam33 Mon, Oct-20-03 19:02

Well I retried it and kind of just eyeballed the cream and the cream cheese and I got a sauce this time. It was really good.

roxy_foxy Thu, Oct-30-03 15:47

lisam, do you post of guinealynx??

pinkbug Mon, Apr-18-05 00:10

Hi, Just tried the Creamy Mushroom and Tuna,, hit the spot nicely... yummo!

Kristine Sun, Apr-24-05 15:51

Oh, this is great!

I used a can of mushrooms instead of fresh ones. (I'm out of groceries. :rolleyes: ) I think that made it a bit creamier, since fresh mushrooms tend to suck up all the butter.

Definitely be doing this one again. :cool:

missymagoo Tue, Apr-26-05 00:54

this sounds really good. what could you serve it with or how to serve it? sue

Steph570 Tue, Apr-26-05 06:29

coolazchic,
do you have anyidea how many servings this is, what size servings, and how many carbs? Or does anyone know how I can find out. It sounds pretty interesting.

Jessica-S Wed, Sep-07-05 12:06

I am interested in how many it serves and how many carbs also please?