Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Semi Low-Carb Plans (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Weight Watchers Freestyle 2018 (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=480219)

Dottie Fri, Apr-06-18 15:40

I'm finding it pretty easy to follow and keep it mostly low-carb(ish).
By ish I mean under 80g carbs a day. Usually a lot lower, but I set that as my upper limit.
There is a lot of room to abuse the zero point foods, so I'm very mindful of that.
I do use olive oil, avocados, nuts, beef, etc in addition -so my points support those nicely in moderation :)

Dottie Sat, Apr-07-18 07:25

Saturday menu:

B: coffee w/1/2&1/2 (4 points; 1g carbs)
L: tuna and cannellini bean chopped salad (1 point; 9g carbs)
D: turkey/beef burger patties w/zucchini and whipped butter and salad w/Olive Garden light Italian dressing + 1 teaspoon EVOO (7 points; 9g carbs)
Snacks if needed: hard boiled eggs (0 points); Joseph's pita made into crackers and f/f greek yogurt/ranch dip (2 points; 11g carbs)

I'm probably going to add some feta to the salad (3 points) and some cheddar to the patty (4 points) for the added points and fats :)

Dottie Sun, Apr-08-18 07:13

I guess I'm a rebel lol.
I see so many FB posts asking if they can "eat all they want" of the zero point foods.
When someone says they ate zero points, but had 10 apples, a bunch of bananas, 4 pounds of chicken breast and 15 cups of beans then asks why they're gaining weight, then blame the plan - I just cringe inside.

There is way too much room to abuse the plan as it is now, I'm sure WW will have to re-vamp the "rules" to make it more realistic for people that seem to need defined limits.

For me, 1 serving (except chicken and turkey*) is zero points, then I count after that.
In addition to that keeping the calories in check, it also keeps the carbs lower.

*Because I don't think 3oz of protein is adequate, I count 6oz of these very lean proteins as a serving.

Anyway, today is:
B: Coffee w/1/2&1/2
L: chicken bone broth with carrots, green onions, zucchini, a little coconut aminos, tabasco and some eggs beaten in egg-drop style
D: grilled chicken breast topped w/sun dried tomato pesto and a little feta; salad w/Olive garden light dressing

14WW points; 32g carbs

Dottie Sun, May-06-18 15:17

B: coffee black
Late lunch: chicken calabrese w/about an ounce of angel hair pasta (it was very filling!) and a salad w/ light italian dressing

Dinner will probably just be egg drop soup or something since I'm stuffed

I had to estimate the points on the lunch, but overall within my range and probably less than 40g carbs total

Dottie Mon, May-07-18 07:21

B: black coffee, out of 1/2&1/2 (thanks son /annoyed lol). I was going to have a couple of hard boiled eggs, but I finished off the 3 chicken breast meatballs I had prepared already;
L: this makes 2 servings ~ about 25g carbs each: 1 WW smart ones fettuccini alfredo, cook according to package directions, then add 1 can of green beans (drained well) and 2 cans of tuna in water, drained well. Microwave to heat through.
D: small lean ribeye w/broccoli and butter and a salad

Total carbs about 40g; WW Points: 22

Dottie Tue, May-08-18 04:59

Today's plan:
B: coffee w/1/2&1/2
L: chopped salad w/tuna and olive garden light dressing w/olive oil added
D: pork tenderloin; beets w/vinegar and olive oil; steamed broccoli w/butter

I had planned on breakfast (Alvarado street bakery sprouted flax bread w/Smuckers sugar free orange marmalade and scrambled eggs w/butter) but I am not hungry, so that probably won't happen.
I may add some avocado to my lunch salad to increase the calories and fats.

For WW purposes: whipped butter is 3 freestyle points per tablespoon.

As written w/breakfast: approx 45g carbs total; 19WW points

Dottie Wed, May-09-18 05:46

B: coffee w/Califia Farms "Better half" creamer. It's ok, about the same as Nutpods brand, maybe just a little creamier. 1 cup coffee w/2T half and half
L: a Joseph's low-carb pita w/grilled chicken, 2oz avocado, 1/4 cup corn/black bean/rotel mix, lettuce, tomato and a laughing cow cheese wedge; sliced cucumbers
D: crock pot chicken and gravy; mashed cauliflower; salad w/Kens Fat Free Italian dressing
Snack: 2 hard boiled eggs w/1T Dukes mayo (full fat); Chocolite Sugar free peanut butter cup patties (1 point per piece/2 pieces per packet)

16 WW Freestyle points
40g net carbs

*The crock pot chicken and gravy is 3 pounds chicken breasts, 2 packets gluten free chicken gravy mix, 1 cup water, 1 medium onion chopped and 1 cup sliced celery, cooked on low for 3 hours, then I add 2 cans drained green beans and cook another hour on low. Shred the chicken before serving.

Dottie Thu, May-10-18 06:38

Todays plan:

B: coffee w/Califia Farms Better Half creamer
L: snack box type: 4oz turkey breast w/mustard, 2 string cheese, hard boiled egg w/1tsp mayo, pickle spear and sliced cucumbers (and 2 brazil nuts for the selenium)
D: ballpark turkey franks (2) w/Wolf brand hot dog chili(3T) and 1/4 cup 2% shredded cheddar cheese w/steamed cauliflower and 1T whipped butter

32g carbs/19WW freestyle points

Ms Arielle Thu, May-10-18 06:54

Hi Dottie, I stick to DANDR because I know the rules. I recently looked at WW BREIFLY, as in their monthly magazine. The amount of carby food scared me..... and I couldnt see how WW worked as a weight loss plan.....so didnt investigate further. I do know a friend that uses it sucessfully. I just couldnt see how it worked.

DANDR has clear rules and it was the first diet that was a success for me.

Glad WW is working for you!!! Just like my friend.

Dottie Thu, May-10-18 06:55

I'm enjoying carbier foods in moderation, but I use common sense, too lol.
Just because things like fruit, beans and corn are "zero points" doesn't mean it's a free-for-all :D

Ms Arielle Thu, May-10-18 07:45

So true, but in my carb-twisted mind , free-for-all would be the first response. lol :lol:

Dottie Fri, May-11-18 06:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
So true, but in my carb-twisted mind , free-for-all would be the first response. lol :lol:

:lol: yeah that's a mind-set a lot of people (ME!) have to overcome :)

B: coffee w/1/2&1/2 (I decided I really don't like the califia better half creamer, it just seems like I need a LOT to make it taste right - nutpods are better IMO)
L: chicken and broccoli stir fry over cauliflower rice
D: undecided, maybe just a salad w/tuna and avocado

Approx 34g net carbs; 12WW Freestyle points. I may have some almond butter or cheese to get the points up.

Dottie Sat, May-12-18 06:41

B: coffee w/1/2&1/2
L: "snack box" deli turkey wrapped around dill pickles; string cheese; cucumber and yogurt ranch dip; 3 brazil nuts; hard boiled egg w/mayonnaise and sriracha; castelvetrano olives
D: Lil' smokies turkey sausages and cole slaw

20WW Freestyle points / 30g carbs

SilverEm Sat, May-12-18 14:53

Hi, Dottie. :) Mmmm, I like your menus.

Popping in to say "hello" :wave:

Hope you are doing really well.

:)

Dottie Sat, May-12-18 14:55

Hi Em! :)
How are things?