Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Pam's gym log (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=172680)

bcbeauty Sun, Mar-14-04 12:41

Pam's gym log

Ok I guess I should start a gym log here as well. I did one at fit day too.
I'm not a huge exerciser, I haven't yet found a gym that I feel comfortable going to. I am thinking pretty seriously about Curves... because from what I understand, here in Kelowna, most of the women who go there aren't already size 1 perfect bodies. I have a huge complex about stuff like that. I just wanna hide.
I do walk pretty regularly, usually approximately a mile a day.
Yestaerday I walked 5.7 km. approx 2 1/2 miles. I'm not fast at it because I have short fat legs:lol:

My job will pick up in the next couple of weeks. I will be back full time.
At work I am on my feet 8 hrs. I am moving and /or lifting for the whole time.Work is a true work out for at least 4 or 5 hours of the day.

Today as well as several trips up and down the stairs doing laundry I walked 2.4 km or approximately 1 mile.

bcbeauty Mon, Mar-15-04 21:34

Today I walked just a tad over a mile in 24 minutes. Half a mi uphill.

bcbeauty Thu, Mar-18-04 23:34

oops I missed a couple days..grrrrrrrr. I did exercise tho..its all there at fit day.
Today I did a couple of hours of housework and went for my 1 mile walk.

bcbeauty Fri, Mar-19-04 15:27

Was out walking ..1.2 miles at 8:15 AM. Sun was out ..tho it was cold. brrrrrrrr. Cleaned out china cabinets too.

bcbeauty Sun, Mar-21-04 14:59

Yesterday I raked the back yard for a good 40 minutes..then went downtown for an hour and twenty minute walk.

bcbeauty Mon, Mar-22-04 16:38

yesterday walked a mile and a half near my house which is uphill one way. And raked for about 15 minutes.Did some house work and read part of my new book... Atkins Essentials.

bcbeauty Mon, Mar-22-04 16:45

Today walked about an hour and a half and raked for at least a full hour. Back yard is finally almost done. Hubby won't believe his eyes when He and the kids get back.
Usually the pollen and the mold in the spring lawn after the snow melts , absolutely kills me. My asthma won't even let me go outside.... but all of a sudden I am the raker? My house is on a half acre lot, with most of the lot being in the backyard. Then my backyard starts to run up a mountain. (Mount Boucherie) So I get tons of crap; ... needles, pinecones, acorns... etc. It's beautiful, but a lot of work. I can't believe I'm doing it myself.:clap:

bcbeauty Wed, Mar-24-04 11:55

Walked 2 miles this morning. in 55 minutes

bcbeauty Sat, Mar-27-04 01:39

Yesterday walked a mile and a half in the morning and a mile in the evening...

Today walked only a half a milethis morning... but played 2 hrs of wallyball this eve. Waaay fun.

ALEKA Fri, Aug-06-04 15:50

Hi Pam--

I'm sorry it has taken me this long to stop by your gym log. I am kind of going around in circles. Now I have two --a log and a journal to answer too. I am not the speediest of typist and often the forum is very slow to log on--so you will just have to put up with me. :)

I didn't even realize that you started exercising and had a log too. When I was a lot younger like 10 years ago--I used to go to this Exercise Complex--they had less machines then but I did some weights then. That was when I was much smaller in size--about a 14--not a 24-26. Anyway--I did enjoy it. Then I had a breast reduction and they put the wrong size bra on me after surgery and because the blood flow was cut off--half of each breast rotted away. That was a miserable period for me and I never got my enthusiasm back to go back to exercising after that. Anyway--I told my size 7 trainer that it was hard to walk in there because most of them there are the skinny type too--she was very understanding and actually said that she thought our society was overly conscious of the weight and some people looked like walking skeletons. She is right. Actually--I think a little meat over the bones is very attractive too.

Anyway--I will pop in and keep encouraging you to go to curves. Once you get there you will probably have a great time. It is just forcing yourself to go the first time.

Have a great evening and wonderful weekend Pam!!

Big Hugs!!!----Just Do It!!!!!