Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Breakfast Ideas (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Breakfast Meatballs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=65120)

Parisfox Wed, Oct-09-02 21:20

Breakfast Meatballs

Breakfast Meatballs (Parisfox)

2 lb. Roll Jimmy Dean Sausage (or any spicy breakfast sausage)
1 lb. Ground Beef
2 Tbsp. Minced Dehydrated Onion
½ tsp. Pepper
3 eggs
½ lb. Grated (or shredded) sharp cheddar cheese

Mix thoroughly by hand.
Roll into 1-1/2 inch balls or spoon onto cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 for 18-20 min.
Makes 50-60 balls depending on size.

Put individual servings in Ziploc sandwich bags, then put those in a large Ziploc Freezer bag and freeze. Heat in microwave.

Paris :D

nancy30 Fri, Oct-11-02 20:42

:daze: Mmmmm these sound delicious.....can't wait to try them...Thanks so much for sharing!!

Tina-My Wed, Oct-16-02 14:50

What a great idea! Good grab and go snack. Thanks!

AlluraD Thu, Nov-07-02 11:17

Hi Paris~
These were sooooooooo good........made them this morning.
Usually I just pan fry the sausage and then drain it and add it to scrambled eggs, then throw cheese over it to melt..........this made it seem more like a meal...........filling and very good!! I'll make these a lot!! Thanks for sharing!!
Wishing you a great day~[FONT=courier new]

SthrnTami Mon, Jan-13-03 12:25

Just wanted to add my thanks for this recipe. I made up a large batch a couple of weeks ago, and frozen them away in bags of 5 each. It's so easy to grap a portion, pop them in the microwave, and eat on the go. I highly recommend this recipe!! The only challenge is keeping them away from the kids!

Tami

nicksmom Thu, Jan-30-03 06:48

This sounds like another new way to enjoy breakfast for newbies like me. I was wondering abt portion sizes. Thanks for posting 5!

Parisfox Tue, Aug-16-05 09:22

:wave: Bumping this up....It's a great one for schooldays. :agree:

Pugzilla Tue, Aug-16-05 09:36

This is not only a great breakfast on the go and snack idea, but would also be a great hors d'ouevre for parties, too! Great idea, thanks for bumping!

Parisfox Tue, Aug-16-05 10:08

Yes, they would be....just make them smaller and they'd be great. :yum:

nicksmom Tue, Aug-16-05 11:41

how many in a serving?

Parisfox Tue, Aug-16-05 13:11

That would definitely depend on the person's appetite/size, what else you were serving with them, etc. It's impossible to say.

The entire recipe equals:

Calories: 6467
Carbs: 21 g
Fat: 553 g
Protein: 295 g

But, remember....this makes 50 to 60 balls depending on size.

Lessara Tue, Sep-13-05 11:29

If you put all of it in a big ball, put it in a pan, slap it down, top with low carb tomato sauce, you get my meatloaf, I bake for about an hour :D

Parisfox Tue, Sep-13-05 12:20

Hmmmm.....good idea. That would make great slices for sandwiches too. With either low-carb bread, low-carb tortillas, or lettuce for wraps. :thup:

kelrivas Tue, Sep-20-05 13:33

I just made a batch, I substituted fresh Parmesan cheese for cheddar because that is what I had, and added toasted low carb pita bread made into crumbs to give it a little more body (added about 7 carbs to the whole thing). I then added some curry spice into the meat mixture and made a quick yogurt dip with curry and mint and onion, I wanted a middle eastern take on it…this is great…

I am going to make some into meatloaf as well and serve with mashed cauliflower.

YUM
Kellie

Parisfox Fri, Sep-30-05 13:39

Bump for the newbies...