Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Australia / New Zealand (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Someone posted a really easy icecream recipe recently.... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=31082)

Reymi_VZ Tue, Jan-22-02 01:16

Someone posted a really easy icecream recipe recently....

... but now I can't find it.

They said they tried this recipe, and they were suprised it worked so well. Does this ring a bell with any of you?

Alternatively, does anyone have a nice easy icecream recipe that doesn't ask for goofy american products? (no offense to americans, but WTF is chocolate diet soda???)

Thanks and cheers.

Karen Tue, Jan-22-02 19:30

Doreen posted recipes for ice cream and sherbert a while ago in the sweet treat part of the Kitchen forum and in readers recipes there is a recipe for ice cream that you shake in a bag.

WTF is an aubergine? ;)

Karen

LucyCL Wed, Jan-23-02 06:17

Aubergine

Karen- are you serious???:) an aubergine is an eggplant!

Lucy

Rosebud Thu, Jan-24-02 17:35

Wrong country, Karen!
We have eggplant and zucchini here, it's those funny fellas in the UK that have aubergine and courgettes.

Mmmm, chocolate soda, drool... :doah:
Dunno WTF it is but if it has the "C" word in it, it must be yummy!

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

LucyCL Thu, Jan-24-02 17:50

Sorry

Karen - I hope I didn't offend you by my previous comment. I was just surprised you didn't know what aubergine was.

Rosebud is quite right, it is us "funny fellas in the UK" that have stange names for veg. Good job I live in Oz now :daze:
Lucy

Rosebud Thu, Jan-24-02 19:47

Hi Lucy, how are things going with you?
BTW, I'm pretty sure Karen was just kidding about the aubergine.

Reymi, hi, how's it going. You don't mind Lucy and I appropriating your thread for a minute, do you?
Did you find a good icecream recipe? I'll be happy with a basic vanilla one.
Cheers (to all of you)

Karen Thu, Jan-24-02 20:04

Quote:
Karen- are you serious??? an aubergine is an eggplant!

No! I'm just being cheeky!

I once translated a cookbook from Australianese to NA English for the NA market and it was full of aubergines, courgettes, caster sugar and Lebanese cucumbers. Go figure! ;)

Karen

Rosebud Thu, Jan-24-02 21:11

Don't you have caster sugar?
I remember when I stayed with my sister in Holland, it was called "basterd" suiker. :D
And don't you knock our Lebanese cukes, they're the ones that don't make you f*rt!
(If my mother were still with us, she'd be horrified to read this post! You don't need to use that sort of language, dear.)

sammiejam Fri, Jan-25-02 02:09

i think that it was me that posted the ice cream recipe

it was Tiramisu Ice cream

1 tub marscapone
1 carton of cream
1 egg
splenda to taste
marsarla to taste (you could use vanilla or other flavorings but the alcohol stops it from getting to hard)
beat it all up and freeze, before it is totally frozen beat it and then freeze again.

it is very yummy, give it a try!!

sammie

Reymi_VZ Fri, Jan-25-02 21:30

I tried to make cheesecake icecream

It turned out so yummy but if you threw it at someone you could kill them - talk about freezing rock solid.

I will give the tiramisu one a go.

TY.

sammiejam Fri, Jan-25-02 21:40

hehehehehe

yep the marsarla stops it from doing that

i also put a couple of dolops of balackberry nip (by accident it was in the same sort of bottle as the marsarla) you could try alittle baileys or someother type of alchyhol, just a little though....

Cali Tue, Jan-29-02 20:29

aubergines

I am a lover of aubergines and frequently buy them. I have been asked at least 10 times what they are and WTF you do with them by other shoppers in the queue and by check out chicks (the teenageboys pay more attention to the food than to an over 30 woman).
So it's not only our transatlantic cousins who may not know an eggplant froma Chinese goosberry.
The same goes for fresh artichokes.
cali

susanrnz Sat, Feb-09-02 20:52

ice cream query to sammiejam

So that I don't sound an idiot at the supermarket, what on earth is marsapone? (and where do I buy/look for it?)
likewise, to idiot-proof me at the liquor store, what is marsarla?

I'm new to web language, but managed to work out WTF (and my mother wouldn't approve either, but my two sons wouldn't bat an eyelid ...)

I've got rock-hard low carb icecream in the freezer too - basically egg whites, eggs, whipped cream and vanilla. Quite palatable, though, if you let it thaw a bit and put low carb syrup on it.

Rosebud Sat, Feb-09-02 21:13

Hi Susan, :wave:
Nice to meet you!
Marsala lives in the grog shop, it's a fortified wine, kinda slightly sherryish. It tends to be used a lot in cooking rather than in drinking.
Mascarpone is a type of cream cheese - I think it has actual cream added. It's very rich and yummy, the sort of stuff I wouldn't allow myself to eat for years, but now...
Cheers, mate.

Cali Sun, Feb-10-02 05:51

And it lives next door to Philadelphia cream cheese and cottage cheese in the supermarket and even yummier if it's fresh from a deli.
Marsala is the traditional dessert wine of Sicily