Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   'm not exactly new, either! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=484632)

Buffy2 Sat, Nov-21-20 14:32

'm not exactly new, either!

;) I've done low carb before, but always let my love of sweets get in the way. Now, here I am, 70 years old and weigh the most I ever have in my life! My knees hurt, and I hate the way I look. Going to give it a try and get it right this time!

Kristine Sun, Nov-22-20 03:06

Hi and welcome, Buffy. :wave:

You probably already know this, but eating LC is great for helping to relieve inflammation, especially if you can figure out what foods aggravate those joints. I eliminated gluten a long time ago, and now I've cut way down on seed oils.

Sweets are a tough one: many people choose to avoid anything sweet-tasting; others (like me) have an arsenal of LC things on hand to enjoy guilt-free. I think we all have to experiment with our "craving-killers" to see what works.

Best of luck, and keep us posted. :cool:

Buffy2 Sun, Nov-22-20 09:10

Thank you! I am putting everything I have into this - I want to succeed. I don't want to be the little old lady who can't do things. I am going to look around for some good recipes so I don't get tired of what I am eating. I plan to stay away entirely from sweet things for a while so I can kill some of those cravings, but eventually will try some LC sweets. I will post often - I know it makes a difference to have a support system in place.

LostAgain Fri, Nov-27-20 20:19

Hi! As my name suggests I'm lost again. I used to think I would never be over 200 pounds again. I lived low carb for a long time and exercised and then I got into a relationship that was not supportive of my lifestyle. It's been over for over a year, but my eating and exercise game are still way off. I'm hoping this community will help encourage me to get back on track.

lowjax Fri, Nov-27-20 22:34

Hi Buffy! Welcome to the forum. It's great to have you here. I hope you jump in and post a bit. I know that for myself, posting here and interacting with the great people here has really helped me.

Buffy2 Sat, Nov-28-20 08:02

I'm still going strong. The first week is always the hardest for me because of the sugar cravings, but I have been okay. I am down 5 lbs., which is great, but also pretty typical. I usually hit the wall on weight loss at around 10 lbs. down, but I am really hopeful that this time will be different. It does help to post, and to read posts. Thanks for all of you who are so supportive!

Charran Sat, Nov-28-20 09:47

Welcome Buffy! That first week loss is always such a boost! Hang in there. You'll be feeling better in no time!

lowjax Sat, Nov-28-20 12:06

Way to go on your initial 5 pounds down! And yes, the second part is the hard part, getting through that barrier.

You can definitely do it! Why? Because you have learned and grown from your past attempts. You already know your stalls and pitfalls. You know that if you keep working at it, you can break through. Keep up the awesome work!