Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   DietDoctor Now Largest Low-Carb Site in the World (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=474302)

JEY100 Tue, Jul-19-16 10:25

DietDoctor Now Largest Low-Carb Site in the World

Congratulations to Dr. Eenfeldt and his team! Many of us on this Support Forum recommend his excellent introduction to everything Low Carb. If you are looking for General Low Carb tips, without any ads or products to sell, this page is a great start: http://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb

Quote:
Diet Doctor keeps growing fast, and today we hit a milestone. We’re now the largest low-carb site in the world1.

For many years Atkins.com used to be the largest low-carb site in the world. This was unfortunate, as the Atkins corporation’s business model is basically selling “low-carb” chocolate bars and other junk products. They have likely caused as much damage to the low-carb movement as any opponent ever could.

I believe there’s a need for a trustworthy low-carb site, one with no ads, products or sponsorships. A site that makes low carb simple, and empowers people to revolutionize their health. That’s what we aim to provide. Thanks for all the support!

http://www.dietdoctor.com/dietdocto...carb-site-world

**As measured by Alexa traffic rating. The number to the left of the top graph is the number of larger websites in the world, out of more than 1 billion sites. So lower numbers represent larger websites.

Bellview17 Tue, Jul-19-16 16:24

Looks good, but I made it this far without paying each month .... Why start now?

betsypear1 Tue, Jul-19-16 18:09

Hi Janet!

Yes, this is really exciting. I saw his post on Facebook earlier. It is well-deserved because it's a wonderful site, not only with the great articles and videos, but tons of recipes and ideas, and it is also very aesthetically presented!

Bellview17 - you can get a lot free on that site. You don't have to become a member to get a ton of great information.

Betsy

JEY100 Wed, Jul-20-16 02:05

He kept everything that was already posted on his site free when he added the membership option, and continues to be able to add more excellent free content and newsletter through the support of the members. The membership gives more in-depth interviews, films, courses, ability to ask LC doctors questions, etc...but everything needed for a solid LC program and health advice is free.

katmeyster Wed, Jul-20-16 09:27

Since I got my membership I've been going there almost every day -- it doesn't hurt that Dr. Eenfeldt is so darn cute ;)

classykare Tue, Aug-02-16 08:48

Thank you, Janet

WereBear Tue, Aug-02-16 11:27

I am so happy for them!

If I went there all the time, I would definitely get a membership. Because having that many visitors means that site is expensive. With "no ads, products or sponsorships" the members are the ones literally keeping the site going.

JEY100 Mon, Feb-12-18 06:16

The DietDoctor website was down for maintenance this morning, but now has reopened with a fresh new design. Check it out. So far, my many, many bookmarks are working.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/upcoming...t-doctor-design

WereBear Mon, Feb-12-18 11:06

I am happy for them.

Merpig Tue, Feb-13-18 09:59

That’s so cool. I can say I knew Dr. E “way back when” long before he ever launched his website. I first met him in 2010 when I went on the Low Carb cruise. He was one of the speakers and told us it was his first time to give a talk in English! Though his English was excellent and it certainly hasn’t been his last talk. Great to see things are going well for him.

Grav Thu, Feb-15-18 00:47

One of my most prized possessions is an email from Dr Eenfeldt last year congratulating and thanking me for submitting my success story there.

To this day I remain happily subscribed. Saturday morning is my "catch up with the new videos on Diet Doctor this week" time. I love it.

Kristine Thu, Feb-15-18 04:27

Now that I'm officially Not Poor Anymore, and I've also had it up to here (*points to top of head*) with clickbait and invasive ads, I'm subscribed to this site and several others with this type of structure. I have a long weekend coming up and I look forward to catching up on Dr Eenfeldt's site. :thup:

WereBear Thu, Feb-15-18 06:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
Now that I'm officially Not Poor Anymore, and I've also had it up to here (*points to top of head*) with clickbait and invasive ads, I'm subscribed to this site and several others with this type of structure. I have a long weekend coming up and I look forward to catching up on Dr Eenfeldt's site. :thup:

Yay for being Not Poor!

While I don't have a lot of money to spare, I likewise pay for things I turn out to use a lot of, like this site :) and a few others.

I also throw some money at the writers I read regularly, or even if someone did something particularly well. This is vitally important.

It takes time and money to put together good information. A popular site has the choice of ads/not ads because either way, they need money to stay "on the air."

GRB5111 Thu, Feb-15-18 08:19

Been a member of DD.com for a while now. I agree with the observations on this thread, and it's great to know that the site has broad appeal. The combination of nutrition science, expert interviews, related news of studies and findings, relevant documentaries, personal stories, tutorials for low carb, keto, and IF, and endless recipes make this a site I frequent several times a week. Congrats to those who built this site and continue to maintain its quality commitment. Bravo!

JEY100 Thu, Feb-15-18 10:11

The one thing can't find is the Health Guides he had in main tabs before. Left a comment about it, so hope they return. Search seems broader too, but all the bookmarks gathered over the past five years are working..yeah!