Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   LC Research/Media (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Dr. Atkins .. passed away at age 72 (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=99357)

wesley101 Thu, Apr-17-03 13:07

I just hope his followers continue to preach his research and words.

cmorera Thu, Apr-17-03 13:10

:'( He took much heat from members of his medical community, and well as everyone at some point or another. But he knew he was right, at least in the past 3 years or so much impartial medical evidence has showed in his favor, finally validating him in many ways, just so he would seem more legit. ANYwayZ

R.I.P. Dr. Atkins - Your message will surely be remembered

Sterlina Thu, Apr-17-03 13:15

:cry:
My boyfriend told me just a bit ago.. we were at school all day and didnt hear the news until now... :( That sucks so bad that he's gone..

acohn Thu, Apr-17-03 13:22

I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said here. I will just echo the sadness.

I am grateful that Dr. Atkins departed at a time when he built a movement that will continue to thrive. He has inspired many authoritative figures (Eades, Mercola, et. al.) to carry his torch for healthy eating. More than that, the results that millions of brave, ordinary people have achieved, in the face of willful ignorance and scorn from their medical advisors, will ensure his legacy.

MsJinx Thu, Apr-17-03 13:22

Dr. Atkins led a great life and will have the last laugh from the great beyond. He will be missed. RIP

delilah Thu, Apr-17-03 13:22

I am so grateful for all that he has done for so many people. He didn't give in to the mainstream and the censure he received from his peers. Thank God that he's recently been vindicated rather than reveiled. I know he died a happy man, leaving millions of us to continue his work.

thank you, Dr. Atkins.

shama Thu, Apr-17-03 13:58

:(

This is such a sad sad day. I just wanted to thank you Dr. Atkins for all that you have done, for so many people in this world. This is such a tragedy, I really feel that youve touched my life and my heart. I miss you so much already, again thank you from the bottom of my heart. You have changed my life forever and I will be forever grateful.

My prayers to your family& friends, you will be greatly missed.

:rheart: Shannon :rose:

DWRolfe Thu, Apr-17-03 14:00

I second that!

Here's more:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=99357

Donald :wave:

shama Thu, Apr-17-03 14:06

Thanks Chloe Mae, you said everything that I feel too. I will pray that people will continue his work with the same determination and perseverance.

Shannon :rose:

KJAY29 Thu, Apr-17-03 14:22

My deepest condolences to Dr.Atkins family.This is truly a very sad day.I will forever be grateful for the doctor for turning my life around.

flyrite Thu, Apr-17-03 14:27

R.I.P. Dr. Atkins

Rest in Peace Dr. Atkins...

thanks for changing so many lives for the better....

tbagram Thu, Apr-17-03 15:25

It is a sad day for the world. This man was truly ahead of his time. He will be missed by many. We will carry on the good Doctors work. God bless him and his family. :( Vonnie

Waterbaby Thu, Apr-17-03 15:37

:tears:

I am deeply saddened by this tragic news.

Thank you Dr. Atkins for standing up for what you believed in and knew was True. You have made my life better and I am very grateful to you. May the Lord Bless YOu and Keep You!

:cry:

j. mcadams Thu, Apr-17-03 15:39

How we will miss our friend.......

Thanks to Dr. Atkins, I now know that it was not because I had no self control over my eating, but it was the carb laden foods that caused my overeating.

My heart goes out to his wife and Mother and they find peace.

joan

shannonlea Thu, Apr-17-03 15:41

Sad

I just heard the news and have to say that I've only been on this WOL for 4 mos. I honestly do not know what lead me that day in Wal-mart to buy Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution,but it has changed my life so much. This man went through so much negative press over the years and I'm so pleased that before his death he was able to see it begin to turn around. People began to get it! They began to see that he knew what he was doing and this WOL has so many benefits. What a gift he gave to many of us who have struggled with our weight. I will always be thankful that I bought his book that day in December. What a treasure it is to all of us who are winning our fight against obesity. "Goodbye Dr. Atkins, and thank you."