Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Tips and Stalls (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   QUESTION PLEASE HELP (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=17556)

ADNIL Fri, Aug-24-01 06:56

QUESTION PLEASE HELP

HI ALL JUST A ?ABOUT STRAWBERRIES ARE THEY BAD FOR YOU ,I'VE ONLY STARTED THIS DIET BUT DOING WELL SO FAR LOST 10LBS,BUT I LOVE MY FRUIT :D

ALL HELP WELCOMED THANX

ADNIL-LINDA

tamarian Fri, Aug-24-01 07:33

Hi Linda,

Strawberries are one the few exceptional fruits that are low(er) in carbs and higher in fiber. As long as you count the carbs in them you should be o.k.

Make you try our our carbohydrate counter for fruits. It will list all fruits in the order of lowest carbs, highest fiber in content to see which fruits are lower in carbs.

Wa'il

suzannej Mon, Aug-27-01 13:29

strawberries

I just read in the "Atkins New Diet Revolution" that strawberries are allowed, not not until you are out of the Induction period. After Induction, when you begin Ongoing Weight Loss, OWL, you start to increase your carb. count slowly to establish your CCLL (critical carbohydrate Level for Losing) you can add strawberries. 13 average size strawberries equal 5gms. of carbohydrates. Good luck, and congrats on the 10 lbs. gone!!

ADNIL Tue, Aug-28-01 04:24

Ketones where they gone?

Been on the diet 12 days ,the last three ketones have gone when i tested .I know i have had no carbs why would this happen ,i was testing deep pinky purple now there is only a trace whats happenned .
I repeat i have had no carbs :confused:

Karen Tue, Aug-28-01 09:35

Purple usually indicates that you're not drinking enough water.

Focus on how you feel instead of worrying about stix or scales.

Think light pink!

Karen

doreen T Tue, Aug-28-01 09:55

Quote:
Originally posted by ADNIL
Been on the diet 12 days ,the last three ketones have gone when i tested .I know i have had no carbs why would this happen ,i was testing deep pinky purple now there is only a trace whats happenned .
I repeat i have had no carbs :confused:
Your body is probably using for fuel all the ketones your liver is making .. so there are none left to spill in the urine for the sticks to detect. Please click on "Low Carb Tips" on the menu bar at the top of the page .... read the article Ketones and Ketone Test Strips. It will answer your concerns. The sticks are a guide only, and not the be-all and end-all.

You will experience the most success if you follow the Induction program as written. That means consuming up to 20g carbs and having fresh salads and low-carb vegetables - and yes, a few strawberries - as part of your daily menu.

Doreen

ADNIL Tue, Aug-28-01 18:24

carbs i do have them

i have salad and also strawberries too talking straws i put them in a bowl with double cream blitz them until thick then freeze slightly its my form of ice cream and its yummy.

happy carbs YUM YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

deegarzain Thu, Aug-30-01 17:02

Love those strawberries!

I measure out my fresh strawberries, slice them up and sprinkle them with sweetener, then pop them into the freezer. When I need something sweet and yummy, I pop them into a bowl and measure out 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream and drizzle it over the strawberries. The cream freezes and coats them and then I eat them one by one, just delicious, frozen and soooo good!