Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   PCOS (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   glucophage and yasmin??? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=336440)

anyve Wed, May-30-07 07:12

glucophage and yasmin???

hi!!! I Have been on glucophage for 2 months and it had helped me a lot to lose weight by decreasing my apetite but I still no having periods!!

Anyone could tell me if it is possible to take yasmin as the same time of glucophage in order to regulate my periods???

thanks very much!!! :wave:

cnmLisa Wed, May-30-07 08:19

If your only health problem is the constellation of symptoms associated with PCOS, there is no contra-indication of taking the two together. But....if you are low carbing make sure your provider is monitoring your potassium levels.

Lisa

Lvn2QTPies Wed, Sep-05-07 14:47

I was LCing, taking Metformin, and taking Yasmin all at the same time

anyve Tue, Sep-11-07 15:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvn2QTPies
I was LCing, taking Metformin, and taking Yasmin all at the same time

and how was it?

tkldpink Tue, Oct-02-07 16:53

When I was taking glucophage it took approx. one year for my periods to return. Since then nearly two years, my periods have been normal. I have been off the glucophage for one year and the periods continue to be normal. The yasmin birht control actually did nothing for me (i tried it the year before I went on the glucophage).

anyve Wed, Oct-03-07 10:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkldpink
When I was taking glucophage it took approx. one year for my periods to return. Since then nearly two years, my periods have been normal. I have been off the glucophage for one year and the periods continue to be normal. The yasmin birht control actually did nothing for me (i tried it the year before I went on the glucophage).

hi tkldpink!! did you feel that yasmin or glucophage affect your weight? or interrupt your weight lose?

tkldpink Sat, Oct-06-07 16:14

Honestly, the glucophage did nothing for my weight. My periods returned and some of the PCOS facial hair went away and the skin patches went away. But it di nothing for my weight that I could notice. I was on it for approximately 1.5 years.

OhYeahBabe Fri, Oct-12-07 11:57

Yes, many people do take glucophage and yasmin at the same time. I'm on a pcos yahoogroup where quite a few women reported that yasmin didn't cause weight gain like other pills, and some felt it helped them actually lose weight. I tried it, and gained. We're all different! Good luck.

anyve Mon, Oct-15-07 14:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhYeahBabe
Yes, many people do take glucophage and yasmin at the same time. I'm on a pcos yahoogroup where quite a few women reported that yasmin didn't cause weight gain like other pills, and some felt it helped them actually lose weight. I tried it, and gained. We're all different! Good luck.

thanks for your response!!! :thup:

fatfatty Sun, Oct-21-07 08:15

Hi Any -

I'm currently on 2000mg of Met and take Yaz daily. The Met helped in the beginning with my initial weight loss, but I can't tell if the Yaz is really doing anything for me. I think I've hit my Met plateau (28lbs. so far), but at least I'm not gaining, like I usually have. AF has always been normal for me. However, the Yaz has helped with PMS and cravings, which is my monthly diet sabotage, so for me, it's a lifesaver.

:)
Mary

anyve Mon, Oct-22-07 19:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfatty
Hi Any -

I'm currently on 2000mg of Met and take Yaz daily. The Met helped in the beginning with my initial weight loss, but I can't tell if the Yaz is really doing anything for me. I think I've hit my Met plateau (28lbs. so far), but at least I'm not gaining, like I usually have. AF has always been normal for me. However, the Yaz has helped with PMS and cravings, which is my monthly diet sabotage, so for me, it's a lifesaver.

Mary
Hi Mary!!! I am taking 1700 mg of Met one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I take Yasmin everyday too....very interesting to know about others experiences. thanks for posting!!

chubbygrrl Sat, Dec-29-07 13:25

My doc started me out with both Metformin and Yasmine at the same time so I figure it must be safe!