Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Time for some NSV Chatter! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=413986)

*Sheila* Tue, Jun-29-10 12:50

Time for some NSV Chatter!

Okay, now.. lets be our *OWN* inspiration today! I love when ya'll share your NSV's (Non scale victories) with me, so much so that I need an NSV fix. Now.. since you opened this thread, it's time to post something positive that has happened to you lately that is not solely reliant on what the scale said!

I'll start.

I was at the gym today, and pushed myself to do 2 15 minute HIIT sessions, not because I felt I needed it, but because I WANTED to! :D

fire_dancr Tue, Jun-29-10 14:26

I can do a 6 mile canoe trip! I never canoed before and it was a blast!

joycie Tue, Jun-29-10 16:04

Every now and then I catch myself running.
For example - to catch a bus, to avoid being run over as I cross the road at the lights slightly to late.
I have noticed that I no longer avoid climbing the stairs at home until absolutely necessary.
And, I may have stalled but people are still commenting on how well I have done.
If I lie just right I can feel my hipbones (one at a time obviously) (on my side) (but they're there) (it's been a while, can't you tell?)

Canoeing sounds exciting! And exercising for fun - go you!

*Sheila* Tue, Jun-29-10 16:11

Yay!! *Stands on table clapping wildly*

I am so proud of you both! And thank you for joining me today reflecting on your NSV's!!! I can't WAIT to read more!

fire_dancr Tue, Jun-29-10 16:13

Thanks! even though me knee is busted up from some drunk guys flipping us :)

ringamajig Tue, Jun-29-10 16:18

I know that this has been said many times, here goes anyway...

Getting into my size 12 shorts, very tight squeeze, but I did it. Also, yesterday my sister-in-law was over, I was laying back in my lazyboy recliner and she says "wow your stomach is really getting flat", love that!
Scale is not moving for me right now, so I will rejoice in these accomplishments for now.

Thanks for the great thread.
Roxanne

newlcer Tue, Jun-29-10 16:24

Scale is not moving fast enough for me, but one week in and I have lost 2 inches from my humungo hips! Yay!! :lol:

*Sheila* Tue, Jun-29-10 16:31

Woohoo!!!! Way to go Roxie on that flat tummy!! AND... for another woman , let alone FAMILY to compliment you! Great job! Newlcer, give me 2 inches over a pound and I am so there! AWESOME!
fire dancr.. LOL! I hope he pukes his guts out! LOL ~ JK!

mjhoss Tue, Jun-29-10 17:06

I made my second trip to the bathroom at dinner with friends the other night. Hubby looked up and rolled his eyes and said "again?". My friend sarcastically said "skinny people pee a lot". True or not, I loved being referred to as a skinny person :)

mlk18 Tue, Jun-29-10 21:39

Started out (8 weeks ago) exercising 20 minutes a day and hating every single minute of it. Now I am walking for a full hour, stretching and doing calisthenics. Makes me excited to see what 8 weeks from now will bring!

3boysmomma Tue, Jun-29-10 21:53

I run like I used to 10 years ago! I run 4-5 miles a day 6 days a week. AND for the last 6 weeks I havent missed a workout. I have the take no prisoners attitude and I am proud of that....and the muscle tone.
To boot I have done Atkins since Jan and havent cheated once...not once! And since I started my weightloss journey (the day after I had my 3rd son) I have lost 130 pounds! 5 more pounds (which really really dont want to come off without really a lot of hunger) and I am really going to feel like a big time success.
Thanks for doing this Sheila. You and the rest of the bunch are the reason I can be so strong and do what I do every day. This support is stellar!

DebiLMT Wed, Jun-30-10 03:58

I find myself crossing my legs again. Wasn't able to for a very long time!

Here's to the journey,
Debi

ElizabethL Wed, Jun-30-10 05:28

I jogged for three minutes in a row as part of the Couch to 5K program yesterday! Doesn't seem like much but man am I happy about it. :)

krystalr Wed, Jun-30-10 08:45

Last week, I went to get my usual salad from a place by my office. The same people have been there, and one lady who usually has a scowl on her face had a big smile. She told me that she had been wanting to tell me for a long time how skinny I looked, but she didn't want to offend me...and that she had to know what I was doing. So we had a long convo about low carb eating and turns out she was doing the same thing and had lost about 15lbs so far. She said she remembered last year that I was a lot bigger and couldn't believe how small I have gotten.

It's one thing when friends and family comment, but it was really extra nice when someone who is essentialy a stranger or that you don't know personally makes it a point to tell you that you look good. That one really made my day :)

*Sheila* Wed, Jun-30-10 10:01

Gosh these were good to come on here this morning and read!!

Keep em comin! We have to start letting the negative things that torment us (or that we use to torment ourselves) and focus on the good things that are happening.