Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Salads Veggies & Side Dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   mock honey mustard dressing (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=48229)

moxie Thu, Jun-20-02 14:48

mock honey mustard dressing

Hello to everyone. I'm a newbie - to Atkins and to this forum. I love honey mustard dressing and miss it. Today I tried my hand at making a dressing. Following is what I made for one cup (measured not weighed) of salad.

1 tsp, apple cider vinegar
1 tsp, prepared, yellow mustard
1 T, extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp, Splenda
whisk well and toss the salad well.

I calculated the carbs using the Hidden Carbo Calculator on this website. I believe the carbs to be at .8g for this single serving.

I liked this dressing very much. I will try making it in volume next.

nicksmom Thu, Jan-30-03 09:11

Thanks! I miss my honey mustard on chicken! I will have to try this sometime! :thup:

Birdy... Sat, Mar-29-03 10:06

This sounds really good...

I'm going to try it tonight!

Thanks for posting!!!

Birdy...

3xmommy Wed, Apr-14-04 09:56

bumping..

I tried this and it was good. very easy and it could be whipped up fast for any meal..

nicksmom Wed, Apr-14-04 12:34

Has anyone made this in quantity yet and willing to share their recipe?

cdjohnson Sun, Aug-12-07 19:40

I have a little different version of this recipe. I haven't made it in a "batch". I just mix up however much I need.

Honey Mustard Dressing

2 Tbsp. Hellman's Mayonnaise
1/2 Tbsp. Mustard
Sprinkle with Splenda to taste (doesn't take very much)

I hope you like my version.

JAnn Sun, Aug-12-07 19:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdjohnson
I have a little different version of this recipe. I haven't made it in a "batch". I just mix up however much I need.

Honey Mustard Dressing

1/2 Tbsp. Mustard

Is that prepared yellow mustard? Both recipes sound good!

missymagoo Sat, Aug-25-07 03:58

i might have to try this . sue

Lickrish Wed, Jan-02-08 21:05

Quote:

Honey Mustard Dressing

1/2 Tbsp. Mustard

thats the version I've done as well. I get addicted to that stuff lol. Its so good with ham & cream cheese rolls or Blaine's Low Carb Kitchen Funky chicken nuggets. yumm

t2omorrows Fri, May-15-09 14:15

this recipe rocks! I'm not a fan of the mayo in most honey mustard recipes, so this is exactly what I was looking for :cool:

woodwand Mon, Jul-13-09 16:35

I buy Honey Tree's Sugar Free Imitation Honey at Walgreens. If your local store doesn't carry it, you can buy it online at Walgreens.com. I did that once, then asked my local store if they would special order it. They did & it saved me the shipping charge!

macabrem Mon, Jul-13-09 16:38

I've made the version that is in Dana Carpender's 500 low carb recipe book. It is very good. I don't remember the quantities, but I believe it uses: Canola oil, splenda, dijon or spicy mustard, and apple cider vinegar.

LowCarbV Fri, Oct-29-10 08:31

Quote:

Honey Mustard Dressing

1/2 Tbsp. Mustard

I'm going to have to try this version.

I found a SF imitation honey at Walmart. It is made with alot of sugar alcohols so I dont' know if it would cause stomach upset.

My Honey Mustard dressing:
2 Tbs Mayo
1 Tbs Spicy Brown Mustard
1 Tbs Honey (SF version)
Mix together.

I've made this for my kids with real honey. It makes more of a dip for chicken, etc. Very yummy