Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   251lbs Lost (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=466054)

Judynyc Sat, Aug-15-15 07:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maori
thanks for all your warm and support thoughts everyone....Amazing Irony is while i am the most healthiest point in my life today, i was given news that i have stage iv stomach cancer (3 months of different diagnostic procedures)........Initial shock and disbelief aside between me and my wife, i have switched my drive and determination to fight this one day at a time and live life as much as i can while doing it.

Maori wrote the above on 4/15/05. He is approaching surgery. We all wish him the very best.

never2late Sun, Aug-16-15 21:15

God bless you on your cancer journey.
Your weight loss has been amazing.
N2L

pivoine Fri, Aug-28-15 02:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
Maori wrote the above on 4/15/05. He is approaching surgery. We all wish him the very best.

I do so hope the surgery went well, I am waiting on pins and needles to hear how it all went. Wishing the best for Maori, brave soul.

Judynyc Fri, Aug-28-15 10:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivoine
I do so hope the surgery went well, I am waiting on pins and needles to hear how it all went. Wishing the best for Maori, brave soul.

Yes, me too.

Maori's last post was on 8/10 with his surgery on 8/17.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maori 8/10
Man, 40lbs gained in 3 months. Now maintenance until my TG surgery scheduled next Friday. "anxious".

Really sending him healing thoughts. ((((Maori))))

Nrracing Tue, Sep-01-15 08:09

Man your doing great, I am 259.6 as of today. I was more but lost in the last few weeks. I am inspired by this and want to get to 200 by the end of the year Dec 31st. I know I can make it. Great work man.

I hope the operation went well. with all the technology these days you should be alright. best of luck. :wave:

Keokagal Wed, Sep-09-15 07:45

I do hope your surgery and treatment went/is going well. You have worked so hard and now need to work even harder. Will keep you in my thoughts dear man.

Macummings Sat, Sep-19-15 07:45

My heart was very sad when I read your story. We will pray for a full recovery. Technology and treatments have vastly improved over the years.

primerib Sat, Sep-26-15 10:15

So sorry to read about the cancer! Keep us posted on your surgery and treatments!

Judynyc Sat, Sep-26-15 10:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by primerib
Wow, Maori, you look terrific! And I bet you FEEL twice as good! :agree:

That must have taken some real consistency on your part! And still is, I'm assuming!

Beautiful dogs, also. I love dogs. :)

Please read the update to Maori's situation.
He was diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer after he reached his goal, had surgery in August and we are waiting for him to return.
We all wish him well. :)

bigjoe42 Sat, Oct-17-15 18:25

Congrats on the weight loss.... can you contact me via e-mail?

bigjoe42 Sat, Oct-17-15 19:13

Hang in there!

Renej123 Wed, Oct-21-15 21:20

Awesome work I bet you feel alot better and feel like you have more energy

Rosebud Thu, Oct-22-15 00:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renej123
Awesome work I bet you feel alot better and feel like you have more energy

Hard to have more energy when you have Stage 4 cancer...

Please go back and scroll down to the bottom of the story.

primerib Thu, Oct-22-15 05:51

How are the treatments going, Maori?

weighttogo Tue, Nov-03-15 17:15

My man you have done a fantastic job with the weight loss I will be happy if i do half as well as you . I hope your illness gets treated you are an inspiration