Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Low Carb Products to AVOID (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=200656)

mammac-5 Sun, Sep-26-04 12:47

CarbSolutions RTD shakes. So vile-smelling I actually thought my dog had done something nasty when I popped the top! I tried to drink it anyway -- hey! that stuff isn't cheap! -- but couldn't do it. After about 3 sips, I had to give up. Burped that junk for HOURS afterward.

Whatever's in there, it ain't right!!

easylyvin Sun, Sep-26-04 13:17

I hate Atkins BBQ sauce. YUCK! I also don't like ketogenics pancakes. They have a nasty texture.

mammac-5 Sun, Sep-26-04 13:52

CarbSolutions RTD shakes. So vile-smelling I actually thought my dog had done something nasty when I popped the top! I tried to drink it anyway -- hey! that stuff isn't cheap! -- but couldn't do it. After about 3 sips, I had to give up. Burped that junk for HOURS afterward.

dodg4kat Sun, Sep-26-04 21:48

I was hunting the aisles in the grocery store this evening for something LC to staunch my pre-TOM cravings. Lo and behold I come across Carbwell LC Oreo cookies. My eyes get big and dreamy and the thought of cookies and LC milk settles into my head. In my pre-LC days, double stuffed oreos were heaven.
*sigh, whine* The dream is shattered. Carbwell's Oreo Cookies are disgusting. The cookie part is strangely flavored and leaves a very bitter aftertaste behind, enough that I couldn't even enjoy the creamy middle. I threw the entire box away!

xxxomnixxx Mon, Sep-27-04 10:39

A.1. CarbWell steak sauce. . . salty, runny. . . costs about a dollar more than the Carb Options steak sauce, and is only 9.25 oz. compared to 10.50 oz. The A.1. is in a physically larger bottle give the illusion that it contains more, but it doesn't. I found the Carb Options to be thicker, and overall better tasting.

BlitzedAng Mon, Sep-27-04 11:05

Oh man, glad I poked in here frist. I saw the A1 by Carbwell and almost bought it. Thanks for the heads up XXX.
Angel

JennLynnRN Mon, Sep-27-04 17:24

I can't imagine how people don't like the Atkins Banana Nut muffin!!! I absolutely love them. In fact, even when I went off Atkins for a long time, I would still occasionally make them! What I do, is cut them in half and place the halves over the slots of my toaster (or you could put them in a toaster oven) just enough that it's kinda toasy and then I put butter, a slice of cheese and a slice of lunch meat on it and eat it like a sandwich. I know it sounds weird and gross, but PLEASE trust me...it tastes AWESOME!!! If you've never had them before, just humor me and go out and try them! You may just love them as much as I do!

blue4lemon Wed, Sep-29-04 07:36

someone was complaining about Ben and Jerry's low carb ice cream...yeah, that stuff is slightly wierd, but I'll eat the Half Baked kind. It's actually good, if you can get over the spongy texture. But you should try their "no sugar added" kind. The carbs are the same (5g per serving), but the calories are doubled. My favorite is the New York Fudge Chunk whatever it is. Oh my god, it's incredible. I can't taste the difference between it and "regular" ice cream. Very premium tasting. I don't care if the main ingredient is hydrogenated oils. And 'm not going to pass by the Cheetos Edge every time I see them. I like them. My boyfriend likes them too. Also, the Rolling Rock "green light" low carb beer is excellent. It doesn't taste any lighter than normal light beer. I actually think it has MORE flavor than most light beers.

as for the hydrogenated oils argument: a lot of the companies think that all we care about it net carbs. For a lot of people, that's true. That IS my main concern when looking at labels. My second concern is calories, and if it has enough fat. I should make trans fats my third concern, though. I know they aren't good for anybody.

blue4lemon Wed, Sep-29-04 07:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammac-5

I just saw this post. Those things ARE SICK!!!!!! I took the rest of mine back after I attempted to drink one. I poured the can down the sink and took it back to the store and said they tasted rotten, and could I get their shake mix instead. They let me.

Will77 Wed, Sep-29-04 23:57

Atkins "Kitchen Country White Bread Mix"

I must say, this is the most vile tasting thing I've ever experienced. The texture is much like eating an old dish sponge - and the taste completes that thought. YUCK!!! :Puke:

Futurist Thu, Sep-30-04 19:36

I noticed the Krusteaz CarbSimple mixes all have transfats. I have not had the Atkins White bread mix, but I had the Sourdough and liked it. I also like the cranberry orange atkins muffin mix, but I do not eat the ready made muffins as I do not eat non-erythritol polyols in amounts above 3 or 4 grams.

JBallerina Sun, Oct-03-04 20:42

robbins nest products (cake rolls and pizzas) - questionable carb and calorie infomation

drower Mon, Oct-04-04 10:42

Walden Farms

I just spent $4 on a jar of the Walden Farms Marshmallow dip. It is so vile tasting. Yack!!!!! I guess if a product has no calories, no carbs, no nothing - you really can't expect much.

Has anyone found or made any kind of marshmallow cream or similar item? That's one of my favorite things on the planet.

easylyvin Thu, Oct-07-04 16:21

Well, gotta add another one. I just bought Davinci's Cinnamon syrup. I know it sounds gross, but I curious. It was as gross as I thought it would be. Tastes like cloves. Oh well. Maybe I can use it on ham.

potatofree Thu, Oct-07-04 16:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by drower
I just spent $4 on a jar of the Walden Farms Marshmallow dip. It is so vile tasting. Yack!!!!! I guess if a product has no calories, no carbs, no nothing - you really can't expect much.

Has anyone found or made any kind of marshmallow cream or similar item? That's one of my favorite things on the planet.

There's a faily good recipe on lowcarbluxury.com. I do add more sweetener, though.