Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.S. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   NW IL anyone? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=182288)

ladyaset Mon, May-03-04 21:27

NW IL anyone?

Hi All,

Would love to chat with someone from my neck of the woods :) I'm in the Poplar Grove, IL area.

Heather

jennilu Wed, May-05-04 14:39

I'm in S. Elgin.

Nanagoz Wed, May-05-04 17:41

Don't know where Poplar Grove is. I'm from the Quad Cities though :rolleyes:

niudog Wed, May-12-04 10:25

Howdy - I grew up in Rockford and my wife in Belvidere, but now we live in St. Louis.

Pandora23 Thu, May-13-04 08:22

That's too funny, I used to live in Rockford, I have moved to batavia since I finished college. :)

Nanagoz Fri, May-14-04 04:36

I grew up in Aurora, spent most of my adult life in Plano and migrated to the Quad Cities. Been trying to get back east ever since!

ginneyv Mon, Jul-05-04 22:22

Nanagoz, My name is Ginney and I am from Kewanee, IL not far from the quad cities, visit there often. Maybe we could talk and help support each other. I have been doing the atkins for six weeks now but I don't know how much weight I have lost cuz I am too heavy for the regular scales that only go to 300 lbs. Please write me if you are interested in chatting.

Karen___L Mon, Jul-12-04 20:44

I am from Kenosha but work in Vernon Hills and my hubby hales from Davenport.

evansangel Fri, Jul-16-04 09:07

Hey all....I'm a new Low Carber from Illinois. I'm about 15 to 20 minutes from St. Louis. If anyone wants to chat sometime, send me a message! :)

katmutti Thu, Jul-29-04 12:32

I'm from Sugar Grove, Illinois...just west of Aurora! Hubby is from Cherry Valley, just next to Rockford and Belvidere!

niudog Sun, Aug-01-04 19:25

WOW - Cherry Valley!!! My DW had an apartment on Cherry Street when she taught at Belvidere H.S. Small World, isn't it?!?

katmutti Mon, Aug-02-04 09:36

Very small! My SIL and family have moved to Belvidere, so we are there often. You should see how it is growing. A lot of people are building there and commuting to Chicago...housing is less expensive...but commute is rough, especially during construction seasons! :lol:

windy Mon, Aug-02-04 10:23

Not NW IL but east central, near Champaign.

Linda

asndak Tue, Dec-21-04 11:31

Hi! I'm in Antioch - I go through Poplar Grove quite often. My Aunt lives in Loves Park, and I try to drive there every month or so.

~Angela~ :wave:

Rachelle Mon, Jan-17-05 12:07

I'm in Bensenville, IL... about 10 minutes from O'hare Airport :) :wave:

UpNorth Fri, Sep-12-08 15:15

Mchenry ILLINOIS

Hello fellow low-carbers!

Anyone out there in the Johnsburg/McHenry IL. area?

Erin

LMMS Tue, Sep-16-08 16:00

hey Low Carbers!!!

I was born in Chicago, grew up downstate all over the place, moved up to Loves Park, near Rockford. Then moved to western suburbs, College in Carbondale, now live in Carol Stream!! I am an Illinois Girl. Hello to all the low carbers. It's nice to know some of you live close and know the stores we have and where to find stuff.

Lisa

UpNorth Wed, Sep-17-08 07:46

Hello,

Any good low-carb stores in McHenry or Crystal Lake area?

Thanks!

LMMS Wed, Sep-17-08 07:55

The last time I checked for anywhere in northern Illinois, there were none. There used to be 3 of them, Geneva, Vernon Hills, and the last one to close was in Arlington heights. It's pretty much the internet for really specialty products. I'm afraid to order anything until someone has tried it. When Atkins had lots of products, I bought them and some were awful. If you find they have a low carb store anywhere, let me know. Thanks.

Lisa

UpNorth Thu, Sep-18-08 07:49

Thanks for the info! I will certainly let you know if I stumble across something close. At this point I just grab what I can from Meijer & our local health food store Cornucopia, in McHenry.

See ya

Erin