Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   What did you have for breakfast today? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=441927)

ninecats Sun, May-20-12 05:25

today it was one cup Special K high protein cereal with a dash of milk.

lc4good Sun, May-20-12 08:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc4good
A portabello mushroom stuffed with cream cheese, asparagus and scallions followed by a chai latte made with heavy cream instead of milk.

Same today as it was sooooooooo good yesterday :)

Invictus Sun, May-20-12 11:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorS
Invictus. My husband makes these great almond pancakes using almond meal, blood orange olive oil, splenda, eggs and i think water. They are great and really are filling. I would be glad to share the recipe if you would like to mix it up a bit. Let me know :)

I'd love to try it! Thank you!

alinemcc Sun, May-20-12 13:13

2 Pork Chops pan fried in butter, XL Coffee with 18% cream

LaZigeuner Sun, May-20-12 14:38

3 oz camembert, and Earl Grey with lemon and stevia :yum:

patriciakr Sun, May-20-12 14:58

low sodium, sugar free bacon, scrambled eggs with low sodium cheese and no-salt canned mushrooms (out of fresh), baby brussel sprouts with no-salt butter (see a theme? lol)

Amanda1978 Mon, May-21-12 09:38

Leftover Greek salad but I picked the lettuce out because it was soggy. :p

patriciakr Mon, May-21-12 09:39

Leftover mashed cauliflower w/cheese, 2 slices deli turkey, decaf coffee with 2 oz. half and half.

lc4good Mon, May-21-12 09:48

2 giant portabello mushrooms and three eggs all fried in butter, a large black coffee (maybe 2 :agree: )

Amanda1978 Sun, May-27-12 08:36

Today was not a good breakfast day. :(

I burned my first batch of bacon and because of this I left my soft boiled (steamed in shell) eggs in ice too long. So of course it's 10:00am on a Sunday morning and I'm the only one awake, even my early bird oldest DD is asleep so I put on another pan of bacon. It's a quiet morning, beautiful weather outside and I want to sit on the back deck to enjoy the sound of birds while I eat and have my coffee. Well, bacon is almost done and there is a huge thump and a bang upstairs. Being the lovely mother I am I run up to see what happened and make sure nobody is hurt. All is well, DD tripped getting out of bed. Ok, good. I come back downstairs and dang it, I left my second round of bacon in the pan and it's almost burnt. Another 10 seconds and I would not have been able to salvage it.

It's 10:30 now and I'm sitting outside listening to the birds, I ate my cold, almost burnt breakfast, my big furry dog is laying at my feet and is so happy right now because he is full from all my bacon. :yum: Now I just need to remember not to leave my coffee alone with him because he LOVES coffee and will steal it at any opportunity. :lol: I guess that's the wonderful life of a wheat free dog.

BTW, I got fresh eggs from my uncle yesterday while I was out in the country side and they peeled easier than the store bought eggs when steamed in the shell instead of boiling them.

Robin120 Sun, May-27-12 11:33

Amanda- :lol: Glad you finally have your dog, your coffee, your bacon and you're kicking back.

I slept in ridiculously late, because I stayed out until like 3:30am (so unlike me!). But I had very good company ;)
Now I am finally together enough for the world most indulgent coffee:

Coconut Kona Coffee (brought back from my parent's recent trip to HA)
then i added a little sf caramel torani, a pinch of sea salt, half n half and sf chocolate syrup.

coconut/caramel/chocolate coffee- like a german cake in a cup :p :yum:

LaZigeuner Sun, May-27-12 11:49

couple oz triple cream from Australia (aromatic!), puerh with 2 T cream :yum:

lc4good Sun, May-27-12 11:51

2 cups of tea (clear) 4 fried eggs and a couple of slices of ukranian sausage fried alongside the eggs. yum!

Nursekayh Sun, May-27-12 14:27

Low carb cereal that I make ahead and put in a container in the cabinet. Toast large flake coconut and slivered almonds. When ready to eat sprinkle in a few sf mini chocolate chips, 3 drops of liquid Splenda and half and half. Very good crunchy cereal.

mysticwave Sun, May-27-12 14:51

Tuna salad with boiled egg, mayo, mustard