Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Breakfast Ideas (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Protein Powder Doughnut Holes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=163651)

IslandGirl Tue, Jan-11-05 20:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaB
Islandgirl, not sure if you found this yourself but Atlee mentioned on the first page that she meant a 1/3 cup scoop. Hope that helps and sorry the reply is a week late!

Em

uh, yup, thanks, Em! I'm feeling a little dim :blush: , I went back and there it was... 1/3 C (which is a close match for the 70mL or 70cc scoop, in case anyone else is interested...it's always in tiny print on the bottom of the scoop).

Mumof4boys Wed, Jan-12-05 13:43

Brenjmull: When you made the Chocolate Doughnuts did you add any extra cocoa or just the Chocolate Protein Powder.
When I have converted other recipes from a vanilla to a chocolate I have found it wasn't chocolately enough and have added cocoa. Thanks in advance.

I have made the doughnuts the night before so that I wouldn't have to fry them in the morning and they were still good. Any longer than that I don't know because my kids eat them up too fast.

Brenjmull Wed, Jan-12-05 17:35

no, I did not add anymore cocoa,, I probably should have, but they were good the way they were, but not very chocolately. My son liked the vanilla ones better. They were still good the next day. It was so nice to have a few with a cup of coffee,, I have not done that in about a year so it was a real treat. I hope you enjoy yours.

WyoDiva Tue, Aug-30-05 14:07

WOW...I cannot wait to make this funnel cake recipe. Just a month ago, I was standing at our county fair, in front of a funnel cake vendor, mourning that I could not have one. I don't regret not having one, but BOY, am I excited to have found a recipe for a great substitute. Thank you!

deb34 Thu, Sep-01-05 15:03

are these considered a breakfast food or just a treat?

I'd probably eat half the recipe by myself!

Deb

KaiNiki Sun, Sep-04-05 21:37

These were fabulous thanks!

WyoDiva Tue, Sep-06-05 08:17

I made these for breakfast yesterday...really quite good. They were soft, with a center almost like cream puffs. They did have a reasonable resemblance in taste and texture to funnel cakes (though not to 'real' donut holes) - though mine did not come out crispy like funnel cakes. And, they did cook up quite fast. Great with a few slices of bacon - I highly recommend.

cajuda Sun, Sep-11-05 15:32

I found a use for Rice Protein Powder

Made these with rice protein powder today (bought TONS of it at the beginning of this WOE thinking I would find lots of uses for it but didn't--you use a tablespoon here and tsp. there). I used (approx.)

3 extra large eggs
1 c. rice protein powder
1 1/2 sticks melted butter
1 tsp. or so of vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. of orange extract
1/3 heaping cup of Splenda

The batter is pretty thick. Used my deep fryer and a small cookie scoop. They came out more like a cake donut than a fluffy one and the size of a golf ball. Got approximately 20 donuts.

Looking for more rice protein powder recipes. Anyone have some good ones? Thanks in advance.

skylee Thu, Sep-15-05 15:24

I just made these, and oh are they delicious. I used chocolate carb solution shake mix, it's all I had in the house. They were awesome, didn't even need any sugar on top.

Thanks for this receipe, sure the kiddies will love them too, if I don't eat them all before they get home!! :help:

deb34 Fri, Sep-16-05 11:11

Cajuda: just curious, what brand of rice protein do you use? And how many carbs per serving does it have?

cajuda Sat, Sep-17-05 05:03

Deb...I bought the Vegan Rice Protein from NutriBiotic. Serving size is a heaping Tablespoon and has 1.8 g. carbs with fiber at 200 mg. and 1 g. sugar & 12 g. protein. I was very new to lowcarbing when I bought this on sale about 14 mos. ago and can't remember why I bought sooooo much of it (maybe it was cheaper to buy 6 containers or maybe it was 8? They're in the garage. Rather than 1?? Or maybe shipping was free if you spent so much money. Can't remember) HTH. Cajuda

frogg Sat, Jan-14-06 13:28

Best LC recipe out there

I just tried these, and they aren't just good, they are incredible! I used a small ice cream scoop like you suggested and it worked perfectly. Not only that, but they were easy to make and fast to cook. I made them in less than 10 minutes, easily, including measuring and mixing.

This recipe satisfies my sweet cravings, my doughnut cravings and my carb cravings all in one!

I can't say enough good things about this recipe! I hope everyone reads this post and tries it. :thup: :thup: :thup:

zorra_1 Sun, Jan-15-06 11:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogg
This recipe satisfies my sweet cravings, my doughnut cravings and my carb cravings all in one!

This is great to hear! I miss doughnuts so much! :lol:

MERBS Mon, Jan-30-06 18:27

I'm in love!

BlitzedAng Mon, Jan-30-06 19:01

Careful... Theese are mega addictive.. :yum: :yum:

Angel