PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

gemini2
Sat, Apr-19-03, 15:53
:wave:
I am thrilled to have found this site. It looks like there will be a lot of support found here. I am just starting Atkins , so will be a daily visitor here.

Saweetie
Sat, Apr-19-03, 23:40
I'm new too- we've come to a good place...

I am living in Nanaimo...probably will see you on-line sometime soon!!

DarB
Sun, Apr-20-03, 11:47
Hi there,
I am in Victoria...nice to see some "locals" here too...hope to talk with you as we go along...
Have a good Easter :wave:

Meow2002
Sun, Apr-20-03, 18:13
Hello! :wave: I am new too. I have listed some quick background info about myself as part of the signature line at the bottom, that I created when I registered today so that you all would know a bit about me and my health. I am a 37 yr. old lady and since I gained this darn weight I have tried unsuccesfully to lose it over past few yrs. I sooo want to succeed at getting my old body back! Maybe we can help one another. :daze: I sure hope so. ;)

I need to start Induction so where could I pick up a book that is clear re: Atkins diet, - induction, etc.?? Is there detailed info re: induction and allowable foods on some website on net? Anyway, I have a long way to go but I would like to lose most of it by my birthday, 11/25 of this year. Alright, I look forward to hearing from some of you... Have a Great Night!

DarB
Sun, Apr-20-03, 19:41
If you have Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution, it explains induction very well...in a nut shell, you need to keep your carbs below 20 a day, don't worry about fat and calories...just get those carbs down. You should do two weeks induction...then the book explains how to continue...
I notice that some people stay on induction for longer than the two week period...and I keep getting through a week or more, and then have a lot more than allowed,and restart again.
Where abouts are you???
Soooo, good luck, keep in touch... :thup: :wave:

js4kx
Tue, Apr-22-03, 12:17
Hello fellow Canadians :) (I am in Calgary). I am getting brave and instead of surfing in the background have decided to post. I hope this gives me the extra support I need. I am starting this WOL today but was on it a few years ago and did great and felt great. I look forward to that again.

DWRolfe
Tue, Apr-22-03, 12:32
Welcome to the forum!

I think you’ll find this to be a wonderfully supportive community. I know it’s a lifeline for me…

Have fun navigating around the site. You’ll find things well organized and links to a wealth of information.

Good luck to you!

Donald :wave: