PDA

View Full Version : Hello from California

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

poetree
Thu, Apr-17-03, 07:28
Greetings from the beautiful central coast of California.

Started Atkins "accidentally" when a friend invited me for breakfast and served a delicious zuchinni/avocado/cheese omelet I thought I may as well smear on my thighs until she explained how she'd been losing weight with Atkins. Since it was a Monday, I decided to try on her WOE (she lent me her book and I researched the web) for the rest of the day. I was a pound lighter the next morning. And the next...

Sooooo....here I am on my third day with optimism on reaching my goal of 130 or back in my size eight jeans by June 15. I started a novel a couple of years ago and all that sitting resulted in twenty pounds creeping up on me...especially where I was sitting! I finished two novels but now I need to incorporate and new WOL that prevents the next book putting another ten pounds on me. I hate the gym but my 14 y.o. son and I love playing racquetball, and I just refurbished an old Scwhinn, so I have a start on the WOL to with my WOE.

I have questions, which I'll post to the appropriate forum. Thanks for this plethora of resources and support!

Ellie

DWRolfe
Thu, Apr-17-03, 11:16
Welcome to the forum!

I think you’ll find this to be a wonderfully supportive community. I know it’s a lifeline for me…

Have fun navigating around the site. You’ll find things well organized and links to a wealth of information.

Good luck to you!

Donald

Iowagirl
Thu, Apr-17-03, 13:05
Welcome and congrats on your new WOL! Lots of good info here as Donald said - check out the recipes! Good luck!

cohenlin
Thu, Apr-17-03, 15:22
Ellie, where on the central coast are you living. I went to Cal Poly many years ago. I now live in Eureka, but I alway did love the central coast better then any other place in Calif. and I have lived just about all over the state. Welcome to the forum and good luck to you and your new WOE.

poetree
Fri, Apr-18-03, 15:40
Thanks for your welcoming responses. I tried to PM each of you but I can't do it. Maybe there's a waiting period?

cohenlin I live a half mile from Cal Poly...wth a view of Cerro San Luis in my front yard and Bishop's Peak from the back. Heaven!

I need those recipes Iowagirl mentioned as I am bored, tired, and nauseated. Down three pounds though :D

I got the ketosticks and was pink on the second day...dark pink on day five. Still no purple but i'm losing so I guess that's what matters.

Boy do I miss cereal, tortilla's, and chocolate!!!

Thanks again for the welcome.

Ellie

cohenlin
Fri, Apr-18-03, 16:12
Ellie, go to the top of the forum screen and click on the low carb recipes link. There are so many good things to eat on this WOE you should never be bored. Try the Mock Danish for breakfast, it is the best!!!! Also the peanut butter cup are to die for. Try a lot of different things that you have never eaten before. After awhile you will not miss all those things that you ate before.

After you have looked through all those recipes, type in low carb recipes in your search engine and you will find tons of web sites that will give you new ideas on what to eat.

Sure wish I could have stayed in SLO after college, but I decided that after spending 4 years in college I needed to find a job that payed better then minimun wage. There were none to be had in SLO at that time. Oh well, Eureka is really close to heaven!