PDA

View Full Version : HERE I GO! Time to refocus!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nealworld
Tue, Apr-15-03, 12:05
LONG story short: Last year I was a work at home, homeschooling Mom needing to lose 130 pounds. One year later, I am a work at home Mom who needs to lose 106 pounds. Grrrr. I really wanted to lose more, but I am thinking positive and plan to stay positive.
When I began LCing, I had just about given up on dieting, until a cardiologist recommended I eat 40-60 carbs per day, with one hour per week of "free" food. It was a miracle, and I cannot believe that I didn;t make better sue of this diet through the year. I followed it so well for three months, and managaed to lose and gain the same ten pounds back and forth through the summer and the holidays. But, like I said before, I think positive, I am still ahead of the game and have kept off 24 pounds with no problem! LOL! Time to lose another "chunk"! I figure if I go in "chunks" I can stay more focussed, since I have such a long way to go.

I am going on a mini vacation with hubby for our 11 year anniversary for Easter Weekend. Next easter, I think I WILL opt for the jacuzzi room, since I will surely need to show off my new bathing suit! (or maybe not! hee hee!)

I am really looking foward to this again, the great feeling of losing weight, the energy I get and the trickle down effect it has on my hubby and daughters health and weight. It's only up from here people!
:roll:

lkonzelman
Tue, Apr-15-03, 12:16
Hi and welcome!

I eat 40-60 carbs per day, with one hour per week of "free" food

Just a suggestion but I would continue with the 40-60 carbs a day and quit the free food hour. You see the extra carbs you are consuming at that time cause a water weight gain for 2-3 days after that you need to lose that brings you back to your originating weight.

OR

You can look at diets like CAD or CALP which give you a reward meal a day (with only some restrictions) but you would have to cut out snacking.

These are just suggestions but I think that either one would jump start your loss again.

All the best on your trip!