PDA

View Full Version : New here!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jamieh
Tue, Apr-15-03, 07:26
Hello! :wave: I just wanted to pop in here and introduce myself. I have been lurking for a little bit and I definitely love this kind of eating. The Shwarzbein books are all great and I feel great when I eat this way!
I do have on question for all of you. I am used to eating 6 times a day because of previous programs I have done (BFL, Body Rx). Is it ok to eat 6 times a day or should I adjust my food intake and only take in 5 meals a day? Any input?
Thanks!

kascalia
Tue, Apr-15-03, 08:24
:wave: welcome

I eat 6 times a day do to my work schedue and workouts. As long as you have the balcance you need with carbs vs your activity.
Good Luck

fitmom23
Tue, Apr-15-03, 19:03
Welcome! I am fairly new here myself. I eat a minimum of 5 meals/snacks a day and often times 6. I seem to require food every 2-3 hours until about 8:00. As long as the food is balanced, I don't think it matters.

jamieh
Wed, Apr-16-03, 13:33
Thanks for the help! I will just ensure my meals are balanced!
Jamie

Piano
Mon, Apr-21-03, 12:58
I also did BFL. I think it actually is very similar to Schwarzbein Principle and found it easy to switch. Because the meals are bigger I don't do 6 meals a day anymore. I pretty much try to follow the 3 meals and 2 snacks suggestion. I feel better and lost weight immediately when I switched over.

Good Luck!
Piano