PDA

View Full Version : New

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

PCOS_lady
Mon, Apr-14-03, 15:18
Hi, I am new here, back on low carb. I think I am not doing too well on the weight loss. I am not sure because I did not even weigh before I started. I also have not read a book... but I ordered the Atkin's book a couple of days ago. I hope it will help. I am following a local doctor's wt loss/low carb plan that I did a couple of years ago and lost 25#. Low carb is the only thing that has ever worked for me. I gained on wt watchers, etc. I did not lose on low fat, ect, and I did not cheat. Low carb is the only way to go, but it is hard getting started back. When I think of quitting, I read here and all you that post your stories really give me hope, and that is what I need. Thank you so much. :wave:

Kristine
Mon, Apr-14-03, 15:25
Hello and welcome! :wave: Low-carbing really seems to be the way to go for us "cysters"... PCOS is associated with insulin resistance and/or glucose intolerance. It has saved my sanity, for sure. :thup: You probably noticed we have a PCOS sub-forum under the "health and technical" section.

Best of luck to you!

PCOS_lady
Mon, Apr-14-03, 20:17
Thanks! Acctually, I did not notice the PCOS section, but now I have gone there. Nice to have a warm welcome. :)