PDA

View Full Version : How are you doing with Schwarzbein?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sandylee
Mon, Apr-14-03, 01:37
I have been on Schwarzbein around a month now, and I can say although I have not lost any weight yet, I have never felt better in my life! I love this way of eating. I have been exercising almost every day.

Sandy

kascalia
Mon, Apr-14-03, 06:56
:D Thats great that you feel better. So do I

JudyAnn
Thu, Apr-17-03, 18:40
I'm back on Schwartzbein and I feel a lot better too - as long as I stay away from grains. I get my carbs from veggies, fruits, nuts and dairy. This works for me, even if I'm not losing weight right now.

Sandylee
Fri, Apr-18-03, 06:39
Hmmmm, I think the grains I am eating are okay, because I am limiting them. I am staying with small portions for each meal, like half a cup of brown rice, or half a cup of cottage cheese and a Ryvita cracker. I am trying to stay at about 15g of carbohydrates a meal, which includes starchy vegetables like cooked carrots and potatoes, whole grains, cooked dry beans, yogurt.

A few things I have been eating that maybe I should eliminate: coffee in the morning with cream, 2 diet cokes a day. I wonder what happens if these cause insulin spikes?

Rosemerry
Fri, Apr-18-03, 06:43
I'm doing pretty well now that I'm getting into the habit and flow of this WOE. I weighed myself this morning (after a month of being afraid of getting on the scale ;) ) and I lost another 2 lbs which makes for a total of 7lbs lost on TSP. I started about 7 weeks ago.

I do feel a lot better and seem to have lost a lot of bloatedness which is wonderful! And even though I try not to weigh myself more than once or twice a month, I could tell my clothes were fitting better which would make me happy.

But it did take a while to get used to this WOE having been a low-fat dieter most of my life! TSP just goes against everything I've ever learned about losing weight. But am trying to focus on being healthy and healing my body, and not on the scale so much; I've read posts from several others here who say the same thing. I'm so glad I've found this forum; you all are wonderful and I'm learning so much!

Rosemerry

Sandylee
Fri, Apr-18-03, 07:22
Woa, Rosemerry, I am glad you have a journal! 7 pounds in 7 weeks!!!! Fantastic!!!!!! I am going to come hang out at your journal to find out what you are doing :)

Rosemerry
Fri, Apr-18-03, 07:49
Thanks Sandylee! And thanks for reminding me about my journal; I haven't written in a while but will today! R

JudyAnn
Fri, Apr-18-03, 10:20
Sandy,

The reason I don't eat grains is because I read the chapter in PPLP about Leaky Gut and how it can make arthritis worse. I have problems with my back so I decided to give up grains to see what happened. Within a couple of days my back quit bothering me. It may be all in my head, but whenever I eat grains my arthitis acts up again. I'm in the process of seeing if it is all grains or just certain ones. I know that wheat is a definite no-no for me. Oats so far don't seem to bother me too much. Next week I will try rice and see what happens, then rye, if I can find a bread made just from rye and no wheat or other grains.

Piano
Fri, Apr-18-03, 14:22
I'm glad to see you doing well. I did well for several weeks and lost 3 pounds, then I went out of town to be with my sister as she battled cancer, it was impossible to eat right out of town, but I tried. Watching my sister with cancer reinforced to me the need to get my body healthy. I am back in the saddle today and eating right.

Sandylee
Sat, Apr-19-03, 11:25
From what I can see so far, the main idea of Schwarzbein seems to be get healthy, eat right, then you will eventually lose weight. I hope to be able to wait it out; the benefits of eating healthy and having so much energy to work out seem to make dieting just to lose weight seem trivial. I am only 5 ft. 2, and at over 150 pounds, that is too heavy for my size. I would love to get down to 130 or less, but for now I am okay with just improving my health by exercising and healthy eating.

Sandy

p.s. JudyAnn, I love Ryvita crackers. On the type that is called "Light Rye", the ingredients are listed as whole grain rye, and salt. My favorite is sesame rye, which has the same ingredients plus sesame seeds on top.

JudyAnn
Sat, Apr-19-03, 22:00
Sandy, I'll have to check out those Ryvita crackers. I'd be nice to have crackers and cheese or tuna or egg salad on crackers for lunch or snack. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

gingertea
Mon, Apr-21-03, 20:06
I'm doing really well on this WOL. I originally eliminated many grains but reintroduced them slowly. I still have a problem with wheat if I overdo it but can have one slice of multigrain toast occasionally without any problems. Usually stick to brown rice, barley, oats, etc. I've never managed to give up caffiene entirely. Still have a cup of Earl Grey in the mornings and cofee on the weekends. Of course now I drink it with just cream....
I have more enegy, my moods are much more stable and I generally just feel better about myself. Keep with it!!
GIn

Quinadal
Tue, Apr-29-03, 12:43
I was planning on trying this plan because I've stalled on Atkin's for almost 2 months and wanted to try another plan. But now you're all saying that I won't lose any weight???!! :eek: