PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Cook
Sun, Apr-13-03, 07:42
Hi all,

I am just starting the Induction Phase of the Atkins diet today. I am really excited and really determined.

I have always been a 'big girl' my whole life and now I am ready to stop hiding and enjoy life. I am just sick of spending so much time thinking about the extra fat on my body. I want to stop wasting time and start enjoying life.

My goal is be healthy and fit. I have starting running this past month and saw some results. However, I felt that my diet was really holding me back. I had researched the low-carb eating regime before (and actually stumbled across this site months ago).

After spending some time browsing this forum, I think that there is great information and great people here to help me reach my goals. And who knows - I may be able to help someone! :)

suzanneM
Sun, Apr-13-03, 08:08
hi, congratulations! you've got a great mind set.

what really REALLY helps me is having forums like this for advice and encouragement. when i did atkins several years ago (and fell off the wagon, silly me) i was on another board - not nearly as good as this one - and more than once i posted for help: SOMEBODY TALK ME DOWN OUT OF THE TREE, I'M CRAVING CARBS.

be sure that you read the book and research all the do's and don'ts. it's easy to do this the 'wrong' way and you'll not only not see the results but it's also possible to really screw yourself up! there is so much wonderful info on these forums and it's all i can do to keep up. it's important to educate yourself on this.

be prepared for a few days of carb / sugar withdrawal. the sugar withdrawal got me bad - worst headache of my life! but it's over quickly enough and once your insulin level balances out you'll feel wonderful. even when i fell off the atkins wagon i still never went back to sugar because i felt so much better without it!

the running is fantastic - you'll see some good results with that assissting you!

Cook
Mon, Apr-14-03, 07:48
Thanks for the words of encouragement and support SuzanneM!