PDA

View Full Version : Well I start my journey today!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Seely2
Fri, Jun-29-01, 09:33
Hello all,

This is my first day of giving up all my FAVORITE foods. It will be very hard but I am up for the challenge!

I am going to try and stop by the forum everyday. I would love to hear any insperational stories from those of you who have had success with Atkins or any other LC diet.

My first question is....can I eat DILL pickels? They have 1 gram of carb and 1 gram of surgar.

Thanks!!!

Lara
Fri, Jun-29-01, 10:36
Hi. Glad you are onboard! I'm about 5 weeks in and have to say that I am not craving my former "favourite" foods. I checked the Atkins' carb gram counter and a Vlasic kosher dill spear has l gram carbo, no mention of sugar. Guess you need to check the label on the various types of pickles. For a change, l0 large green olives only have .5 grams carbo. I put them in salads etc.
I stop by every day here for inspiration and info. It really helps a lot. Great bunch of people with a common goal. Cheers!! :cool:

Seely2
Fri, Jun-29-01, 11:00
Well its going to be hard because my live in boyfriend will not touch veggies except for corn! SO STUBORN!

So I am going to have to make seperate stuff but I will deal!

How long have you been doing LC? How is it working for you?

Lara
Fri, Jun-29-01, 19:52
I've been low carbing for about 6 weeks. I have a dh and two teenage sons who love pizza etc. So --- now they like salads and bq chicken too. I just adapt my meals to theirs and it's pretty good except for pizza night - then I eat toppings and a huge salad. So far so good and believe me, coming by this forum keeps me going. Take care.

Karen
Sat, Jun-30-01, 21:56
Hi Seely,

Welcome to the board!

If you click Stories and Tips in the red bar at the top of the page you will find lots of inspiration and very good, basic advice.

You're with a group of people who gave up what they thought were their favourite foods. Now they all have new favourites. :D

IMHO, I think it's best to avoid anything containing sugar, especially on Atkins induction. What you are doing right now breaking yourself of carb addiction.

We follow different LC plans. Read our journals in the Journal/Bootcamp section of the forum to find out about us.

Karen