PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm New!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cafelatte
Fri, Apr-11-03, 17:37
Hi! My name is Shelly and I'm 37, married, and a stay-at-home mom of three wonderful kids (DD = 8, DS = 6.5, and DD = 5). I have had a weight problem now for probably close to 9 years...I gained a lot of weight with my three pregnancies and never got around to losing it :rolleyes: ! I currently weigh 204 and my goal is 130ish. I've tried Atkins, Lean for Life...you name it and had little to no success on them. I've decided to give CAD a try since I do believe that carbs should be kept to a minimum and I'm hoping this is the plan for me.

Thanks for listening...BTW, I'm starting on Monday!

Shelly

AmberAA1
Fri, Apr-11-03, 18:13
Hi Shelly, Wecome to the forum! The first thing I would do is to start a journal, it is a good tool for keeping up with your food and a great place to meet people and find out ideas and recipes to fit your new WOL.

If you have any problems or questions there is always plenty of people and help for all answers. There is a sticky here for just about everything you may want to know. The most helpful are the top 3 on this list, just click here (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?forumid=110&s=) . You may have already read some of them, but there are new things added on here daily. I am doing Atkins with CAD weekends right now. I was on CAD in November till January then I had surgery and had to start all over again. CAD is a great program and I find it easy to stick with. My body gets stuck if I stay on anything too long, hence why I switch back and forth all the time. If you have any questions please feel free to stop by my place anytime. Good Luck on your LC journey and your new WOL.