PDA

View Full Version : chocolate tortilla dessert

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lisam33
Thu, Apr-10-03, 19:30
I cant take credit for this recipe, i got it on the synergy diet site where i bought the tortillas.

Take chocolate desert tortilla (i used adios brand)
Spread with 1-2 tbs of whipped cream
Add some berries (i used just one large strawberry and sliced into thin slices)
Roll up and freeze for 1-2 hours. Tastes kind of like those ice cream cake rolls. THey are filling, i ate about half of one. for a little treat you might even eat less (like tortilla roll ups).
carb count depends on how much you put in. The tortillas i used were 8 grams of carbs, 2 of which were fiber (6 effective carbs).
Not for induction but if you eat only half (or less) with small amount of whipped cream and berries its not too bad carb wise.

tiffany31
Thu, Apr-10-03, 19:46
That sounds awesome...I'm jealous because the low carb products available in Canada are few and far between (at least as far as I can tell). I'm not willing to paying the shipping charges from the US either...not yet anyway, maybe as I get further into Atkins I'll really crave something I can't get here and take the plunge.

Enjoy your yummy dessert. :yum:

Tiffany

talkercise
Sun, Apr-13-03, 10:55
hi all

i can buy low carb tortillas in my local grocery but they have a zip code finder on their website for your local store good luck

http://www.latortillafactory.com/

talkercise