PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a new member in sunny south FL:-)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

redrumloa
Thu, Apr-10-03, 10:12
I stumbled upon this page while doing a search on news Dr Atins. I heard he fell and was seriously injured, I hope he is ok:-( Anyhow nice site, i think I will spend a little time here:-)

I don't consider myself extremely overweight, but I certainly need to lose my gut. I gave up drinking in Sept 02, and now I am a faithful follower of the genuis Mr Atkins. My original idea was just to diet for a while on atkins, but after reading his book I will be making a permenant change.

A little backround. I never had a weight problem growing up, to the contrary I was always extremely underweight. At the age of ~17 after having Mono I hit a low of 147, which at my height is almost nonexistant. Now, I'm still 6"4 and hit 237 recently due to years of heavy beer drinking and a diet which just keep getting worse with fast food and crappy snacks. I started Atkins on 3/31/02 and after 1 week on 4/6/02 I had lost 12 pounds! The first week of induction worked great, though I was feeling rough for ~2 days. I'm thinking at my height and my age I just need to get to somewhere about 200, when I hit that I will reevaluate myself.

Jim

orzabelle
Thu, Apr-10-03, 10:31
Welcome! Sure looks like you're off to a great start!

Iowagirl
Thu, Apr-10-03, 12:25
Welcome! Glad to hear you are reaping the benefits of this way of life. It really isn't just about weight loss as I'm sure you know, already.

Do you exercise?
:wave:

tgill32177
Thu, Apr-10-03, 13:23
Welcome to the Forum my
co-Floridian! :wave:

I hope you find the support
you need when you need it!

Best wishes in your new WOL!

Tanya

redrumloa
Thu, Apr-10-03, 15:01
Originally posted by Iowagirl
Welcome! Glad to hear you are reaping the benefits of this way of life. It really isn't just about weight loss as I'm sure you know, already.

Do you exercise?
:wave:

Thanks! After the first week it is coming off slower which I'm sure is to be expected, but it is a wonderful thing that this works without hunger! Yes it isn't just about weight loss, and I certainly do feel better! Not perfect but better. I've been abusing my body for quite a while, time to treat it right:-) I won't be going back to my old eating/drinking habits, ever! Thats for sure!

I'm completely sold on the Atkins WOE. What's truly amazing it really is the polar opposite of what I have been taught my whole life, and most people still don't understand it.

redrumloa
Thu, Apr-10-03, 15:23
Originally posted by tgill32177
Welcome to the Forum my
co-Floridian! :wave:

I hope you find the support
you need when you need it!

Best wishes in your new WOL!

Tanya

Thank you, you too! I've been in FL my whole life, one of the few natives:-)