PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone.. lookin for some new friends

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Neleh
Wed, Apr-09-03, 23:35
Just wanted to say HI! Found this board last night. Just finished reading Suzanne Somers book, and thinkin I might just check some of the other books out of the library.

Anybody willing to hold my hand while I start these major changes in my life? :daze:

WOW - finally a CANADIAN message board - and from Vancouver no less! :hyper: Im a born and bred Vancouverite, but have emmigrated over the pond to the island!

Im a SAHM to one DS (almost 9 months old) and a trained high school teacher by trade.

Seriously wanting to get rid of some extra pounds - both from pregnancy and those old "just married" pounds:rolleyes:

Thats all for now!

Nellie :wave:

Iowagirl
Thu, Apr-10-03, 12:22
Welcome, northerner!

Haven't read the Suzanne Somers book but I have read Atkins, Protein Power, Thin for Life, CADS, etc. It is best to gather all the info you can to see what will work for you.

When did you begin low carbing?

:wave:

Neleh
Thu, Apr-10-03, 13:45
Just working up the courage/details to start :help:

ha ha ha ha

Nellie

AmberAA1
Fri, Apr-11-03, 18:25
Hi Nellie, Well to get started I would read here (http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-and-low-carb-plans/index.html) first. It will tell you a little bit about each plan then you know what you are looking for when you go to the library. I have protein power, fat flush plan, the zone and Atkins so far in my collection, but you don't have to get all those, I just wanted to see how the other plans work in comparison to others. if you have any questions stop by my place anytime or just post it here. A good idea is to start a journal then everyone will know where to find you to answer you. I wish you good luck on whichever plan you choose and hope to see you around more.