PDA

View Full Version : finally posting...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

climbergrl
Wed, Apr-09-03, 16:21
Well, I've been "lurking" for about 3 weeks now and I've learned that I'm totally addicted to this site. Luckily my work is slow always, so I catch just about every single message that gets posted. Jsut started with the Atkins plan about 5 weeks ago. I realize I don't have lots of weight to lose, but I'm extremely happy with the improvement in my mood, skin, body composition and overall healthier way of eating. Coming off of a low fat diet which consisted mostly of sugar, sugar and more sugar!! Had to have it ALL THE TIME!! would eat negligible "substantial" calories to give myself room to eat chocolate chip cookies, etc. I knew the dangers of refined carbs nad avoided stuff like crackers (no control, bread and pasta) but really had very little limits when it came to sugary treats! WAs on an emotional roller coaster, slowly gaining weight (about 15 pounds last year) and was slipping back into my old anorexic ways trying to fit into my old clothes again since I can't afford new ones. Well, I've been pleasantly suprised that I can eat 3 times as much food and not pack on weight!
Anyways, I'm 27 years old, livein Park City, UT, have 2 dogs, a lovely cabin in the mountains and love sports, big time, especially rock climbing, hence the name, and running. Have had two surgeries this year, started a desk job, ugh, and consequently have put on some pounds this year.
Well I guess I'm blabbing too much here, I'm going rigth now to start a journal!

climbergrl

Lessara
Wed, Apr-09-03, 18:22
I used to do alot of climbing when I was a teen, I climbed all the presidental mountains in New Hampshire. (Thanks Dad, for making me go!) I would love to do some rock climbing when I get smaller.. aka lighter ;)
You are so welcomed to this site and you'll find others with the same goals as you.
See you around :wave:

climbergrl
Thu, Apr-10-03, 08:34
Awww, thanks lessara...I've heard that NEw Hampshire is so beautiful and the climbing is spectacular there. I live in a climbing "mecca" here in Utah....yes, being light and strong (in mind and body) is extremely beneficial to climbing and climbing is beneficial to a strong mind. It looks like you have been having great success!! Keep up the great work!