PDA

View Full Version : Howdy! I'm new here...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Breecita
Tue, Apr-08-03, 20:12
But I love the Zone. :D

I've been in and out of it since January (trying to change my lifestyle and WOE while working and going to school fulltime was quite a chore...), but I think I've finally got to the point where I've adjusted almost completly. I've had three straight days with no cravings and no real hunger between my meals and snacks, so I think I'm on the right track.

Not only that, but I've talked fiancee into doing it with me as well (even though he's in good shape, drat him) so I don't have to deal with any tempting food haunting my kitchen.

Anyways, I thought I'd just pop in and say "hi"... I've been reading the forums all day and have learned a lot!

ZoneCoach
Tue, Apr-08-03, 22:18
Originally posted by Breecita
Howdy! I'm new here...

Welcome to the ZONE! :wave:

Sounds like a cult doesn't it?! :D

Breecita
Wed, Apr-09-03, 07:18
*grins* Hey, if it's a cult, I'll be a proud member. :D

My mother gave me all the books for christmas and begged me to do it with her. I'd tried Sugarbusters and Atkins, but neither worked for me (I just couldn't eat enough MEAT to stay on Atkins... it was making me crazy!)

On days when I'm good and stay in the Zone... I feel so great that I just can't believe it!

The hard part is... staying in it. I don't know why it's hard, because the rewards are so many... but somehow, I keep forgetting how good I feel and losing my resolve.

But not this time. *g* I will feel this good forever!

lisalaura
Wed, Apr-09-03, 07:31
:wave: Welcome Bree!!! :wave:

It's nice to see a newbie around here. :)

The Zone IS a wonderful plan. I know what you mean about Atkins, YUCK. I couldn't take all the meat eating either. I need my good old fruits and veggies to survive. :thup:

The results I have had in the Zone in only 5 weeks has been amazing. Stick w/ it!

Have a good day!

MsJinx
Wed, Apr-09-03, 07:56
Welcome! Glad you joined us (again with the cult talk!).

Happy Zoning :wave:

Breecita
Wed, Apr-09-03, 08:15
Thank you, thank you!

I used my Zone blocks to prepare what (I hope) was a good breakfast this morning... and once again, I'm feeling great!

I was also inspired by someone else on the board to go out and take a good walk, so I've just returned from a mile and a half... and it felt so energizing I think I'll go do it again! (After I get some water, that is. *g*)

Thanks for the warm welcome!