PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lucky
Mon, Apr-07-03, 19:59
I have been on a low carb program for exactly two weeks now. I could really use some support, so any encouraging words are more than welcome!! I think I'm doing great, but I crave chocolate, not nearly to the extent that I use to! And I'm fighting the feeling that I'm not losing the weight that others say they have lost in their first two weeks.

I'm trying to remember that any weight loss is better than where I was two weeks ago - and I do feel great! Patience is a virtue I'm working on :)

I'm excited to find this website! look forward to reading all of the forums here!

Hbmich
Mon, Apr-07-03, 20:45
Hi Lucky, :wave:

You are doing beyond great for u to lose 10 lbs is a big accomplishment. Normal weight loss is 10% at two weeks but u have already reached 29% so u are doing great. I can understand the chocolate cravings.....my brother brought home a bag of Mrs. Fields freshely baked cookies and i am dying to have one but i wont do it. I am trying to be strong besides you would only be cheating yourself. I find that drinking a bunch of water makes the cravings go away.

ANY WEIGHT LOSS IS BETTER THEN NOTHING........Just be proud and keep up the good work.

Congrats and take care
H.B

black57
Mon, Apr-07-03, 23:23
arial large

:wave: Hello, I want to introduce myself. I am Black57, mother of
3 kids ages are 21, 19, and 15. I am a music teacher and college student ( music major ).

I have been following the Atkins plan since Thanksgiving and I have lost 19 lbs. I am so very proud of my success. I am now 142.5 lbs ( Yeah!!! ). My goal is to be down to 135 lbs by summer and between 125 and 130 by Thanksgiving ( my final goal ). This has been my only successful weight loss event. :thup: I have created my own low carb recipes and I have been really enjoying myself. Hope to meet and get to know everyone. I have been on other magazine site and most are not on Atkins and don't keep up an Atkins conversation for very long.

Talk to you later,
Black57 :roll:

BeccaResRN
Tue, Apr-08-03, 04:35
Both of you to this forum. You will plenty of support and lots of good advice here

Lucky For one stop comparing yourself to others its not a race...plus if it was you'd be doing quite well ten pounds during induction is awesome!!!! And remember you only have 30 pounds to lose from your stats so that plays a factor too. Just keep doing what you are doing...its working!!!! And you'll be there in no time!!!!

Black57 Congratulations on your weight loss!!!!!!! Wow you satrted at thanksgiving...the hoilidays were my hardest time and but those are over and now its time to get in gear for me!!!
Good luck with meeting your goals!!!