PDA

View Full Version : leg cramps

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

3cutypies
Fri, Apr-04-03, 19:48
I'm actually doing really well but is there a quick fix for leg cramps? I'm taking potassium (pill) and Ive added pretzels for the salt. Any suggestions?

theresa113
Sat, Apr-05-03, 06:33
I find that when I drink tons of water I have no leg cramps. I also cut down on my salt intake.

I am curious, are you on a low carb plan? I am asking because you mentioned pretzels.

RBalhan
Sat, Apr-05-03, 07:21
Hi

I too take potassium and it has been suggested on this Forum to use the No-Salt, which is pure potassium and no salt in it and that really helps.

Rose :rose:

Rosebud
Sat, Apr-05-03, 07:27
Hi there 3cutypies,

Magnesium is the way to fix leg cramps. The best way to take magnesium is with calcium in a 2cal:1mag formulation. You'll need 1000:500 per day - in divided doses.

I'm curious about the pretzels too. ;) You are VERY unlikely to be lacking in salt, unless you are running for very long periods or otherwise exercising for several hours daily. Try feeding your day's menus into www.fitday.com and check "reports" to see how much sodium you are getting.

HTH

:rose:Rosebud:rose: